• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

Taiwan Jones

How many yards will Taiwan Jones rush for next year?

• 800-1000

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1000-1200

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • 1200-1500

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • Over 1500

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters

EWURanger

Staff member
T. Jones will be back next fall and looking to improve on his sensational 2009 campaign. With Matt Nichols graduating, the 2010 Eagle offense could be more run-oriented. Will Jones eclipse his 2009 mark of 1,213 yards?

If he got the number of touches that he should get, he'd break 1500 easy. Instead, he'll probably only get around 200 carries for the season (which still might be enough for him to eclipse 1500 :lol: ).

Jones just sort of came out of nowhere and suprised opponents last year. I think next season teams will be more keyed in on him. Still, he is elusive and explosive enough to get his yards. He should at least have another 1000 yard season.

I think that his success will depend on if the new QB/passing game can gain enough respect from the opposing Ds. As much as I love TJ, he is not an every down grind'em type of running back. I would some what compare him to Reggie Bush. So, with 5 more games on field turf and if we can strike enough fear in the opposing D with a respectable passing attack, he will get 1,500+.

fccubed said:
I think that his success will depend on if the new QB/passing game can gain enough respect from the opposing Ds. As much as I love TJ, he is not an every down grind'em type of running back. I would some what compare him to Reggie Bush. So, with 5 more games on field turf and if we can strike enough fear in the opposing D with a respectable passing attack, he will get 1,500+.

Hopefully he's taken the offseason to bulk up a little bit. At 6'1 and 200lbs he's too light and has a higher center of gravity. He should put on about 15-20 in muscle so he can break away from tackles - he's so goddamn fast that even if it did slow him down a little he'd still be faster than 95%+ of the CBs he goes up against. :lol: He also needs to stop dancing in the backfield and start hitting the holes instead of trying to juke DE's. I think he's more like a bigger Chris Johnson... he's catches a lot of screen passes and lines up on the outside at WR every now and then.

He took a pounding last year and played hurt a lot more than we knew. In fact, so much so that he wasn't able to work out much of the winter. Look for him to run well if he can stay healthy.

Latest posts

Back