• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

Spring Practice

Great insight HD! Wish I coulda been there. I remember watching MBT play in the Las Vegas Bowl and I was very impressed with his accuracy and arm strength (especially for a frosh).

He has to be the #1 guy at this point. Now, if we could get some guys who will actually catch his passes...

Hammer "D", that was an incredible post! Just reading it got my juice going. We all really appreciate the report. It was nice that you posted the bad stuff as well. That helps us understand where we need to improve. I might be attending the Green and Gold game if my schedule works out. Go Hornets! Thanks again H "D".

Great field notes, HHD! Thanks for your extensive write up.

It's encouraging that the team is showing some good signs so far, especially at QB and D. I really hope some good targets emerge at WR from the several on the spring roster. I’m very excited about this
upcoming season, but the WR corps is one part of the team that has me a bit wanting. It’s felt like a soft spot in Sac’s recruiting class this year. Hopefully I’m proven wrong though.

Good description of the scrimmage! Could the center (#59) be Jay Martin who came from Liberty High School and was Jason's center there? Another plus is some of the guys coming in (Caleb Hale for one) that could make the linebacking unit a real monster, plus some of the young CB's could challange this fall.

HH Dad,
Thanks for the recap...Maybe you should write for the Sac Bee because I still have not scene an article written about the game from our local rag...I appreciate you taking the time to update those who were unable to attend.

The roster that hammerhead dad posted has alot of inaccurate information. Take it with a grain of salt. derek kosub is reportedly not on the team anymore. Why? I have not heard that information.
Defensive tackles- Bill Sherman & Christian Clark
Defensive Ends- Zack Nash, Ben Chandler(Boise Transfer), Kevin Moore, Ryan Shinar(hurt),Kevin Hall(hurt), *Chandler and Nash working in the first unit.*
And, Bilal Muhammad is a Linebacker not a safety.
:?:

Termite, thanks for the update. However, It's tough to recognise all players in a practice environment. Take it easy on "HD" we all enjoyed his post. Give us more. Termite, I think you mentioned your son plays. Give us some player perspective.

GO HORNETS!!!!

Good session Saturday. Duncan looks so much better this year. The center is John Taylor (#59, with his roster number #56). Castillo and Youtsey both have been getting a lot of playing time on the line. This is good because they're both 1st and 2nd year players. David Coleman has looked good after moving from QB to LB. Very active and not afraid to hit somebody. The coaches have done a great job of moving people to new positions and it seems to be paying off. Eric Velez has settled into hitting people rather than being hit. Travon was on the sideline with an ice bag on his hamstring, and he didn't look too happy about the whole situation. Overall, a good scrimmage. Looking forward to the spring game Saturday.

Termite said:
The roster that hammerhead dad posted has alot of inaccurate information. Take it with a grain of salt. derek kosub is reportedly not on the team anymore. Why? I have not heard that information.
Defensive tackles- Bill Sherman & Christian Clark
Defensive Ends- Zack Nash, Ben Chandler(Boise Transfer), Kevin Moore, Ryan Shinar(hurt),Kevin Hall(hurt), *Chandler and Nash working in the first unit.*
And, Bilal Muhammad is a Linebacker not a safety.
:?:

Just to be clear, I wrote: "I'm sure I missed a number of players I should have mentioned and probably got some of this stuff wrong. Just trying to do the best I could based on some notes I took." FWIW, I used the Sac State Spring Roster and did the best I could. I don't know all the players. I appreciate all the updates and corrections though. If more people post, we can all get better information.

Termite, not sure which side of the ball your boy plays and not sure if he's been to spring ball before, however interested in knowing if the players are buying into the coaches kool Aid? Is this year different than last? If so, what's different? Second year for staff, do they have the players ultimate respect? That kind of stuff.

Thanks, Homer

Kool-AidMan.jpg

Termite said:
Yes, everyone seems to be buying in. The players also love the new locker room.

Is the interior of the facility completed yet? The outside is still a work in progress...

Good crowd at the spring game today. Largest I've seen in the past years. Duncan looked the best I've seen him, more mature, not as jumpy in the pocket and throwing some nice balls. MBT might throw a tighter spiral, but today he had nothin' on Duncan. The defense was active, Zack Nash could be a player. He had several sacks, and the defense in general looked sharp. O line needs some more time together. They gave up too many sacks, but Hilliard found some room to run behind them. Granted, the first team linebackers weren't always in, but he looked okay today. A lot of players were hurt going into the game and Tony Washington sprained an ankle diving for a ball. Deadder and Lane made some nice catches as did Wilkens.

Latest posts

Back