• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

Shocker, Hinrichs jumping ship

UNCBearsSupporter said:
uncfootballrules said:
It didn't get much run last time I posted, but I will put it out there again.

Kay Norton - here is the Readers Digest version of what to do with the athletic program:

1. Fire Jay.
2. Hire Rick Hartzell
http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/?title=uni-ad-rick-hartzell-resigns-post&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

Rick Hartzell is happy living in Cedar Falls with his wife and kids and his business as well as ref'ing games. He doesn't need a job like Northern Colorado.
A guy can dream can't he? Sounds like you know Rick, why don't you call him and get him interested? :lol:

Beardown said:
Ursa, have you talked to Jay directly to get this comment? Members of the search committee? Do you have access to Jay's mind like something out of "Being John Malkovich"? You denigrate my comment that is based on discussions with members of the search committee, yet then express opinion that may or may not have basis in fact.

Please identify opinion as such, and quit expressing it as factual.

###
As to why the B&G members got upset, I believe its probably because there was no real warning or conversation that might have reached common ground.
Geez Bearsradio...don't get your panties in a bunch. I stated an opinion. I would appreciate it if you could point out where I said that it was factual. Some stuff I state is opinion, some is fact. If I remember correctly, this website was set up so that people could state their opinions. Personally, I think that you like the idea of having an identity in this forum. Some people seem to think it adds credibility to your statements. Does it mean that if I state my identity, that everything I say has to be taken as fact? It seems to work that way for you! What gives me the strange feeling that the people deeply involved in UNC athletics probably haven't taken you into their confidence due to the "fact" that you come on here and talk about it.
Keep defending Jay...maybe there's an S.I.D. job in it for you at his next stop. :D

Wait. Are we talking about the Callahan that just got canned for being horrible stating that a coach that he canned, who is also horrible, would dominate at this level?
In my humble opinion( my required clarifying statement), if I were Downing, I would be leaving Callahan's reference off of any future resume.

Ursa, I pointed it out earlier:

Downing was hired because Jay thought we would drink the "He's from Nebraska so he has to be good" Kool-aid.

That reads as a factual statement. You don't say IMHO, you just make that comment, painting it as the only reason Scott was hired. As for defending Jay, take it for what you will, but I think you mistake my position. I am tired of you belittling those who may actually find some balance in what has been accomplished during his time at the school.

According to you, everything is being handled wrong in the athletic department. I'll admit that's MY perception of your attitude. We know you hate Jay because he fired Dalton. We know you hate Scott because he replaced Dalton. We know you don't think basketball has accomplished enough in its first year of being eligible for the NCAAs. And we know that anyone offering a compliment about any of what's going on is going to face a sarcastic post from you.

It's that same type of attitude from some in Greeley as a whole that makes me wonder why they live here: "downtown sucks. There's nothing to do. It's the same old money running the city, etc., etc." My wife and I enjoy living here, and think a lot of the criticism is off base. Why not try to make the most about something, instead of running it down? If you don't approve, then why even bother? Surely there are things in your life you enjoy--so why waste your time with what you don't?

As for why I'm on here, remember the complaints about no information coming out from the department? I'm just trying to help pass along some, as best I can.

What gives me the strange feeling that the people deeply involved in UNC athletics probably haven't taken you into their confidence due to the "fact" that you come on here and talk about it.

Proving that you don't know much about my relations with those in the athletic department. The "fact" of the matter is that there are plenty of things that I know that don't make it in here, for any number of reasons.

Oh, and I'm not following Jay anywhere--not because of any ill will, but I'm not looking for an SID gig. I'm also working for and with a great group of people--a much different occurance in my career, where I was saddled with working with morons who don't have a real love for working in radio.

As for "panties being in a bunch", Ursa, maybe you should talk your own advice, because you seemingly are a very bitter person, IMHO.

Easy guys! We are all in the same situation together. Lets just support the "Athlete-Students" until the glorious day when Hinrichs and Downing go elsewhere to put there "stamp: on those places.

BEAR 2003 said:
Easy guys! We are all in the same situation together. Lets just support the "Athlete-Students" until the glorious day when Hinrichs and Downing go elsewhere to put there "stamp: on those places.

You see it always comes back to this. Bear 2003 and Ursa - You don't contribute much to this board with out bitching about things. Seriously, maybe you guys should start a we hate Scott Downing and Jay Hinrichs message board, They're the worst coach and AD ever! Honestly you two make me not even want to look at this board anymore. Go ahead, critisize, etc. But that's all you guys ever do. Almost every thread irregardless if it's even in context or not ends in something negative about Downing or the athletic department. It gets old. Start your own bitch board.

Troy - you've hit on the heart of it. There is a group of people that will always be against anyone/everyone in the department that has had anything to do with change. I feel that it's based in the move to DI, they feel that it was a move that disrespected the history and the glory of the Glenn years. Firing Dalton and every other move are just evidence that proves their point.

You know what, we get that. The group needs to move on or just give up on UNC. Here's where we are now.

That being said, you never know, coach Joe may be back one day. If he doesn't have a top notch year in '08, he won't be at Wyoming any longer.

Wow - the bashers are out in bunches. Lets remember that everyone is entitled to their opinion, as I am to mine and the rest of you are to yours. If that opinion happens to be negative given the current state of the athletic program that is fine. If it is positive that is fine. If everyone on here is of the same mindset, there is not much to talk about other than someone posting a comment and everyone else saying "I agree." No one needs to move on from this board or feel bad for being passionate about UNC athletics whichever side of the fence you fall on.

So those of you who want to run off people with counter views to you (yes you Beardown and Bearcub) get over it. It is perfectly acceptable and actually makes for good reading to have a heated discussion going.

Latest posts

Back