• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

Schedule?

Yeah, I think we have home and home arangements with them for the next couple of years. It is nice that they are willing to come to our house...

I would think there will be a game or two with AFA and DU also, they seem to like scheduling us.

The Big Sky announced yesterday a weekly GOTW in the conference season to appear on Altitude; Sundays 2pm tips, with all 9 teams to appear at least once.

I'd say that's probably one factor holding up the schedule release.

AFA's board says that they are going to have a 4 team tourney during the second weekend in November down there. According to that UNC has committed to play. Dartmouth and VMI are the other two teams involved. Any word on when AFA will make that game up for last winter?

good question i was wondering the same thing if they were going to make thier trip up here, doubt it... maybe inviting us in thier tourny is make up for not coming up here?

I have not heard much about the schedule, but I would hope the Bears continue to play the ambitious schedule they have been playing in recent years. I would love the men to play at Maryland like the women have in recent years.

Does anyone have any insight into who besides the seniors from last year won't be coming back?

The conference schedule is undergoing a major overhaul, because of the Altitude deal (dang TV), as I suspected. That's the reason for the delays.

That's a good problem to have thought Troy, wouldn't you agree?

I had a feeling Clark wouldn't be back... I know he had academic difficulties that kept him off the court and then he went out one game and tore it up. It seems like there was a lot of wasted potential there. Perhaps he can go to a JC or a DII school and get it turned around.

Blofeld said:
That's a good problem to have thought Troy, wouldn't you agree?

I could go "Grumpy Ol' Man" easily on TV vs. radio, for any number of reasons. Let's just say while I understand the positives of TV, the fact that everything is tailored for their sporadic efforts annoys me, among others.

Radio is there for every game, and when was the last time the radio had any say in what time the game was played? Add in the approach of "getting every game on TV" while, in effect, ignoring the efforts radio makes to present the product, game in, game out, and its pretty frustrating.

Hey Troy, a bit off topic but... I notice only KFKA has their logo on the UNC athletic Dept. website and last year they also had the Denver affiliate on there. With Medved gone and logo gone can I assume there will not be a Denver radio affiliate for football this season?

bearsradio said:
The Big Sky announced yesterday a weekly GOTW in the conference season to appear on Altitude; Sundays 2pm tips, with all 9 teams to appear at least once.

Why in the world would they schedule a game at 2pm on Sundays? Guess who plays at 2pm Sundays? The Broncos. Why not schedule it later that night?

Not smart on Altitudes part.

Beardown said:
bearsradio said:

Why in the world would they schedule a game at 2pm on Sundays? Guess who plays at 2pm Sundays? The Broncos. Why not schedule it later that night?

Not smart on Altitudes part.

Yes but conference play starts after the new year when the NFL is in the playoffs. So the odds of the Broncos playing a 2:00 Sunday playoff game are pretty slim and that conflict might only happen once. Now during February this will be great because there is nothing on TV during that month.

Blofeld said:
Hey Troy, a bit off topic but... I notice only KFKA has their logo on the UNC athletic Dept. website and last year they also had the Denver affiliate on there. With Medved gone and logo gone can I assume there will not be a Denver radio affiliate for football this season?

Jay and my boss are working on an appointment or two in Denver, though how fruitful those will be remains to be seen. 1510 is in the process of changing over to all sports, through the Mile High Sports Magazine gang, so they're still a possibility.

You are correct in the Medved situation, though, affecting it.

Is the Mile High Magazine crew Mark Knudsen and those guys? If so, appeal to his baseball side and remind them UNC is the D-I baseball lone ranger and we need the support.

Yeah I knew Medved bankrolled the thing last year so I figured with his kid no longer on the team he would pull out.

Blofeld said:
Is the Mile High Magazine crew Mark Knudsen and those guys? If so, appeal to his baseball side and remind them UNC is the D-I baseball lone ranger and we need the support.

Yeah I knew Medved bankrolled the thing last year so I figured with his kid no longer on the team he would pull out.

I think Knudsen does a good job with reporting on UNC in the mag. There's been a few articles about UNC baseball in it and there's always something about UNC when reporting about college sports. Not as much as CU and CSU but he doesn't ignore us. Also, he's on the new sports radio station in the mornings.

Does anyone get 1510 as a clear broadcast? I sure don't, it sounds like crap. I listen to the KFKA broadcast on the web...

I've never even tried to tune in 1510 if that is different than the station last year? I'll have to give it a try.

So, totally off topic but did anyone else notice the huge Pizza Hut logo and link on the A.D. website? I think the name Pizza Hut Arena has a nice ring to it.

Latest posts

Back