• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

Run and Shoot offense from start to finish

SundayJam said:
Question: Will Mouse Davis implement the R & S at PSU or have they always run that type of offense?

Walsh ran a running based offense for 9 years, so yeah this stuff is new to us

That's one thing that UH and PSU have in common, both their starting QB's played at Colorado before showing up to their current place. Brian White is a former FBS starter, he left when hawkins showed up, he has done very well with the offense according to mouse.

Our entire starting lineup is made of former FBS players. Hece why alot of people feel PSU could make a run for the playoffs.

We also have Jerry Glanville and Mouse Davis in common. June Jones was a Quarterback at PSU, as well, back in the day.

The run and shoot is vulnerable. UNC dudes, focus on conditioning & strength, and 5 yds & a cloud of dust.

SundayJam said:
We also have Jerry Glanville and Mouse Davis in common. June Jones was a Quarterback at PSU, as well, back in the day.

The run and shoot is vulnerable. UNC dudes, focus on conditioning & strength, and 5 yds & a cloud of dust.

a viking team that struggled on offense racked up 45 on UNC last year, 35 in the 1st half before the backups came in. In our spring game we scored 49 in the 1st half, White was on target and has this offense in his grasp, I honestly think UNC is the last team anyone thinks PSU would lose to, they are possibly going to be our biggest blowout of the season....beyond WSU

I will put it in your perspective Sundayjam, UNC is the idaho of the BSC, they have been bad in everything in year 1, it's like saying, in a perfect example, UH blows out Idaho(which they did) but now Idaho will make a dramatic comeback and beat UH in moscow.........sound realistic? not even close UH should torch Idaho, same deal with UNC and PSU

PSUVikings said:
I will put it in your perspective Sundayjam, UNC is the idaho of the BSC, they have been bad in everything in year 1,

We didnt do bad in everything, we finished mid-coference in volleyball :D

PSUVikings said:
it's like saying, in a perfect example, UH blows out Idaho(which they did) but now Idaho will make a dramatic comeback and beat UH in moscow.........sound realistic? not even close UH should torch Idaho, same deal with UNC and PSU

I dont think we will beat you guys, but I think we will give you a better game than we did last year. It is at home and historicaly we play better there, and it is towards the end of the season so I would hope to see some improvement by then. I also think that this years team will be more focused without all the other crap that last years team had to deal with. I expect this team to play like they got nothing to loose, because they cant do worse than last year...

The worst thing about the PSU game is it is late in the season. I guess we are going to have to keep listening to PSU fans tell us how much they are going to blow us out by until then.

The best thing about the PSU game is it is late in the season. Hopefully a cold front blows in and the Bears can show the Vikings what football at altitude is all about. It is hard to put in a completely new offense (we proved that last year). I suspect PSU is in for a closer game than their fans expect.

Latest posts

Back