• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

Robert Lloyd

SubGod22

Lloyd recently committed to play at UNC. He play his HS ball at Klein Forest in TX and has been surrounded by a lot of D1 talent. I believe 3 from his team went D1 last year and Lloyd will mean that at least 2 this year. The other this year is Wichita State recruit Toure Murry. I believe there may even be another on that team that could be but I'm not positive.

By: Jim Hicks (RCS Sports)
On Monday afternoon, shortly after Robert Elliott Lloyd 6'1 sg (Klein Forest HS 2008) seated himself to the dinner table, he gave not only his family, but his future college coach a blessing they'll never forget. While gracing the prepared meal, Lloyd took out the time to add a few special words, "I thanked my mom for making me a great son, then told the coach I appreciated him for recruiting me so hard, and that's one of the main reasons I am committing to Northern Colorado". That news prompted UNCO head coach Tad Boyle out of his chair like a sharp pin piercing his backside. The whole setting was humorous hearing Lloyd's scenario, "He jumped out of his seat and gave me a big hug for like three minutes, while he kept saying 'Elliott, you made my day'."
This past season, Lloyd shot a remarkable 52% from behind the arc, and was key component for a Klein Forest HS squad that boasted a pair of D1 recruits (Alonzo Edwards and Anthony Thompson, both freshmen at Nebraska and Bradley respectively). Klein Forest head coach Cary Black has to be smiling ear to ear after becoming the only coach in the state to boast three D1 committed guards within the 2008 class. Current backcourt mates, Chris Hines pledged to Utah while Toure Murray accepted an offer to Wichita State last week. All three will sign letters of intent during the November signing period.
Lloyd starred on the summer circuit with the Houston Hoopstars program widely recognized for developing recruitable student athletes. Lloyd is currently listed as the #8 best shooting guard in Greater Houston (see Player Rankings atop page). He's also the area's 14th senior to commit this Fall. You can check out Lloyd on "The Basketball Show", Monday (9 - 10:30pm). Click here to view show live or by archive http://www.houstonsports.com .

Good news! Taibi will be a senior this year so we'll have a spot open. However, I was looking at our roster for this season and noticed we have no center after Kirk graduates. None! Tad has recruited plenty of guards but we need a big man!

Beardown said:
Good news! Taibi will be a senior this year so we'll have a spot open. However, I was looking at our roster for this season and noticed we have no center after Kirk graduates. None! Tad has recruited plenty of guards but we need a big man!

Not sure exactly. We have three seniors on the roster but Tad has definitely shown a willingness to cut bait and move to the next prospect. I suspect that will slow down a bit as he has more of his own recruits in here now.

Latest posts

Back