• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

PSU the Metro State of Oregon

uhfanzonly said:
Weak smack. You must enjoy stealing candy from babies as well.

Why exactly would I want to use my best Smack against a team that I allready know were gonna school.

By the way if you guys are D1 then why are you in the Big sky.
Last time I checked it was a D2 conference.

The levels are a little different then that

FBS- Former I-A- Hawaii
FCS- Former I-AA- Northern Colorado
D2- UNC used to be D2
D3
NAIA

Um, we're Division I now, thanks. We played D2 for a long time and were quite successful. We even won national championships in 1996 & 1997. If I'm not mistaken, and please correct me if I am, Hawaii has never won a national title at any level in football. In my mind, that makes it UNC 2-Hawaii 0. Now, on the 1st, you'll probably beat us by some ridiculous score like 63-10, and I've accepted that, but you can't take our trophies.

U know what's so sad is that your talking about D2 football. :D .
Even when UH was a D1-aa school we were an independent and played BCS teams unlike you guys who played teams like north dakota tech or something like that.

Beardown said:
PSUVikings said:
gobears2010 said:
uhfanzonly said:
By the way I noticed it took you guys 114 years just to get to D2 football.

Your program has really soared...JK :D

Um, we're Division I now, thanks. We played D2 for a long time and were quite successful. We even won national championships in 1996 & 1997. If I'm not mistaken, and please correct me if I am, Hawaii has never won a national title at any level in football. In my mind, that makes it UNC 2-Hawaii 0. Now, on the 1st, you'll probably beat us by some ridiculous score like 63-10, and I've accepted that, but you can't take our trophies.

If you guys keep it to 63-10 I'd be surprised

BTW this is the room filled with people that care about your 2 national titles at D2 :roll:

nobody10.jpg

Take a hike. You're not welcome here if your just going to write about how bad we're going to lose. Most of us know we're going to get drilled, so just leave it.

Oh get a grip, take it like a man and deliver your own smack. Instead of crying about mine. I don't want to fight with you, if you can't talk football without getting offended by everything then why are you here? All fans do this, at the Griz board if someone delivers smack to one team a fan of that team will be back to deliver there own smack, not sit back and win about it. Tell them to take a hike, face the facts, UNC is bad, what are you going to do about it? Tell everyone that says their bad to leave? I don't want to go on about this don't even reply to this message, take it for what it is.

oops..Thanks.

Look if N. Colorado can beat at least 1 D1 team in the nnext decade then mabey i'll give them respect but until then goodluck at the bottom of the Big sky.

uhfanzonly said:
oops..Thanks.

Look if N. Colorado can beat at least 1 D1 team in the nnext decade then mabey i'll give them respect but until then goodluck at the bottom of the Big sky.

lol I know what you mean, but technically they have beaten a D1 team, both the FBS(I-A) and the FCS(I-AA) are D1, the FCS is just the lower level of D1. UNC beat Texas State at Texas State last year, thats about it though.

We also beat Sam Houston State and Southeast LA the previous year.

What was PSU's record their first year in the 'Sky? 3-8? 1-7 in conference? Like you were tons better....

Oh...and speaking of national championships...has PSU ever won a football national championship?....didnt think so.

GoBears said:
We also beat Sam Houston State and Southeast LA the previous year.

What was PSU's record their first year in the 'Sky? 3-8? 1-7 in conference? Like you were tons better....

Oh...and speaking of national championships...has PSU ever won a football national championship?....didnt think so.

Yep, and the next season after that we went 4-7, beating Montana State 44-0, year after that we went 5-6, then 8-3, then 8-4, then 7-4, and so on. And the year before we got in we beat 3 Big Sky teams, it takes time to mesh into the conference, but if you have the right recruiting advantages and coaching you can catch up quickly. Just ask NDSU.

One of my best friends moved to Portland a couple years ago and his wife goes to PSU. It took them about 7 months to realize PSU even had a football team. No one cares in Portland. The title of this thread is right on. You are the Metro State of Oregon, except they have a better basketball team then you.

Beardown said:
One of my best friends moved to Portland a couple years ago and his wife goes to PSU. It took them about 7 months to realize PSU even had a football team. No one cares in Portland. The title of this thread is right on. You are the Metro State of Oregon, except they have a better basketball team then you.

Thats why we average more fans then you guys do at home games :roll: As of today we have sold enough tickets to average 13K a game this year, UNC won't average half of that.

2 years ago when we only won 4 games we averaged over 7,000. Last year we were horrible so of course we had bad numbers. What did you average last year? You had a pretty good team you should have averaged over 10,000. Trust me if UNC had as good of a team you had last year we would have about 10,000.
BTW, how do you know you have sold enough to average 13k??

Beardown said:
2 years ago when we only won 4 games we averaged over 7,000. Last year we were horrible so of course we had bad numbers. What did you average last year? You had a pretty good team you should have averaged over 10,000. Trust me if UNC had as good of a team you had last year we would have about 10,000.
BTW, how do you know you have sold enough to average 13k??

AD Cholsom talked about it. We are expecting around 16-17K against UC Davis, since Glanville showed up we have had 4 times more tickets sell. You should see Portland, the buses, the billboards, the walls on streets, Portland State is everywhere! Ads in the newspaper, on T.V. finally PSU is Portland's team.

People are only coming to see the Glanville side show....they will quickly loose interest.

Your good record last year didnt bring fans to your baseball stadium, and once the novelty of Jerry wears off, PGE park will be empty again...

GoBears said:
People are only coming to see the Glanville side show....they will quickly loose interest.

Your good record last year didnt bring fans to your baseball stadium, and once the novelty of Jerry wears off, PGE park will be empty again...

You may be right, or wrong. Maybe all we needed is to finally advertise, in the past we have done none of this, once we tried we got immediate results. Remember there 2 million people in Portland alone, you just have to get fans interested.

I do hope you can sustain good attendance, then the UM fans could quit saying that they are the only ones who draw good crowds...

PS - You do need to get a real football stadium though....

GoBears said:
I do hope you can sustain good attendance, then the UM fans could quit saying that they are the only ones who draw good crowds...

PS - You do need to get a real football stadium though....

Sadly that will never happen. Lots of luck needs to occur.

1.) Portland beavers, AAA Baseball team, they have to leave, if they stay here you can forget it.
2.) Portland Timbers need to upgrade the stadium to 40K, build the east side grand stands, in case you all haven't noticed, we have a gigantic gap on the east side of the stadium. PSU will never fund such a thing so we need the pro soccer team to do so.

Like I said lots of luck is needed.

PSUVikings said:
finally PSU is Portland's team.

Ya right! That's a good one! I bet you could interview 100 random people in downtown Portland and 98 of them wouldn't even know that Metro State--Portland has athletics.

jjjj said:
PSUVikings said:

Ya right! That's a good one! I bet you could interview 100 random people in downtown Portland and 98 of them wouldn't even know that Metro State--Portland has athletics.

Like you would know, just take a walk in Portland, your statement shows you clearly have no clue what your talking about. By your statement I should be able to walk up to 20 people in Greely and 19 have no clue UNC plays sports.

PSUVikings said:
GoBears said:

You may be right, or wrong. Maybe all we needed is to finally advertise, in the past we have done none of this, once we tried we got immediate results. Remember there 2 million people in Portland alone, you just have to get fans interested.

Portland imo isn't that great of a sports city. A city that size should have more then 1 pro sports team. Don't get me wrong, I love Portland and if I didn't live in Colorado, I would want to live in Oregon. I've been there several times and there just isn't enough interest in sports outside OSU and OU and the Blazers. As I mentioned, it should take someone who moved to Portland 7 months to figure out PSU has a football team. I hope your attendance figures go up and you challenge the griz for the conference championship but PSU fans shouldn't come on here and keep blasting UNC.

PSUVikings said:
jjjj said:
PSUVikings said:

Like you would know, just take a walk in Portland, your statement shows you clearly have no clue what your talking about. By your statement I should be able to walk up to 20 people in Greely and 19 have no clue UNC plays sports.

Huh? I have no clue what you just wrote but I do know that nobody in Portland gives a #%$# about Metro State--Portland. I do know this because I have been to Portland plenty of times and I actively tried to get a feel for how the community felt about MS-P.

Latest posts

Back