• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

Nice win against DU

Brian

Staff member
Two wins and two respectable losses against high profile programs and it seems the mens basketball program is on their way.

They should handle J & W to have a nice run going into the CSU (Nationally Televised) game. College sports is a funny business. The womens team came out of the DI gate fairly fast and seem to have stumbled while the men coming out slow and steady seem to be doing well.

I really think we can make the Big Sky Tournament and maybe put a scare into a few people.

Basketball is off to a good start, and I think they can continue it. Looking long term, I can see us ending up as the North Carolina of the Big Sky, no good in football, but perennial contenders in basketball. I'd be fine with that.

gobears2010 said:
Basketball is off to a good start, and I think they can continue it. Looking long term, I can see us ending up as the North Carolina of the Big Sky, no good in football, but perennial contenders in basketball. I'd be fine with that.

To be honest, when I compare our gym to the rest of the Big Sky, we are way behind the curve. I think a mid level Big Sky team with the occasional strong run is the best we can hope for in the years to come.

Solid win, and seemed pretty well attended, we broke 1000, unforutanately I could not stick around after football to watch...

When is the CSU game? If it's nationally televised I definitely want to watch it. Might be more fun than watching my beloved Shox play....

So far it's been encouraging. If you look at the upcoming schedule they could put together a few more. Much better than the 4 total wins last year.

Johnson and Wales - Winable
CSU - Winable
Bowling Green - no idea how good they are but it's a home game so it has to be winable
@ Denver - Winable

Best case scenario we go into Gonzaga at 6-2.

I was at the game against DU and I will say I like this Banks kid we picked up. He's a good inside player and is very athletic. I am with Blofeld, we can at least be 6-2 going into the game with the Zags. I can't wait to beat CSU!

So any ideas out there why Archibeque only played like 6 minutes?

Hurt or in the dog house? I can't believe it's a match up issue once again.

Blofeld said:
So any ideas out there why Archibeque only played like 6 minutes?

Hurt or in the dog house? I can't believe it's a match up issue once again.

A lot of it was foul trouble. He picked up three quick ones in those six minutes. It's also very apparent to me that he's not our main big guy now, that honor belongs to Jabril Banks. There were also matchup problems, DU is a very similar team to Air Force, former AFA coach Joe Scott is their coach now.

give this team credit for doing what they need to do-----taking advantage of a schedule that probably wont turn out to be as tough as it initially looked. 6-2 going into that three game OR/WA road trip would be great.......DU is in complete rebuilding mode--I was at the Wyoming game and they looked good but they are not a finished product........like Scott's Air Force teams prior to 2004--For that matter, so is every other program in this area but this one. This team needs to take advantage of that.

gobears2010 said:
Wow - I hope you are wrong. We have never been a basketball school but always a football school. I cannot see that changing. I would much prefer to see us good in both. How about like Texas of the Big 12?

uncfootballrules said:
gobears2010 said:
Wow - I hope you are wrong. We have never been a basketball school but always a football school. I cannot see that changing. I would much prefer to see us good in both. How about like Texas of the Big 12?

It would be great to be like Texas, but for most schools that's like wanting to have your cake and eat it too. Football will be good again, but it will take longer than in basketball because of the sheer numbers you have to recruit. If you have just a few studs, you can have a good basketball team, bit it takes 20 or 30 good players to have a successful football team. So, for the next few years at least, UNC may become a basketball school.

Latest posts

Back