• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

Lady Bear Basketball

An OT win and they are one win away from a birth in the Big Dance. Hell of a run for them.

Would be nice to see EWU upset Montana in the other semi final game.

An absolute heart stopping OT win over Sacramento. 10 straight and in the championship game. Good luck Bears against Montana.

Beardown said:
Gesh...what a painful collapse. No one showed up in the second half. They should still get an NIT bid.

What really hurts is that it was at Montana. I thought the Montana broadcast team was really good but the horrific whining from the fans whenever a call went against Montana was too much to take (turned the audio off).

Really though, hell of a run by the UNC women, they should be really proud of their season. Lets hope they get invited to the NIT.

Blofeld said:
They blew it... they'd beat the men's team though. :roll:

Better coached too. Etheridge is our highest paid coach at UNC and she's well deserved. I'm looking forward to seeing who she can recruit.

Brian said:
Beardown said:
Gesh...what a painful collapse. No one showed up in the second half. They should still get an NIT bid.

What really hurts is that it was at Montana. I thought the Montana broadcast team was really good but the horrific whining from the fans whenever a call went against Montana was too much to take (turned the audio off).

Really though, hell of a run by the UNC women, they should be really proud of their season. Lets hope they get invited to the NIT.

They should get in the WNIT based on how they played the last month+, but I don't think they will. They had a #123 RPI ranking (according to realtimerpi) before yesterday's loss and I don't think that will be good enough. The mediocre first 2.5 months doom them, I'm guessing. Maybe UNC will get in the WBI like they did in 2011.

The broadcast team did do a decent job. The play-by-play guy (who was the same as for the men's tourney) was a little annoying at times, but former Lady Griz Krista (Redpath) Pyron does a good job as a color commentator—she also did that during the '11-12 season when UM was using separate web commentators & not just piping in the radio feed.

Beardown said:
Blofeld said:

Better coached too. Etheridge is our highest paid coach at UNC and she's well deserved. I'm looking forward to seeing who she can recruit.

She did do a good job this year. You guys really benefited from the firing of K-State's staff after last season.

Also, as an opposing fan, I'm quite glad my team doesn't have to go against D'Shara Strange again.

Mvemjsunpx said:
Beardown said:
Blofeld said:

She did do a good job this year. You guys really benefited from the firing of K-State's staff after last season.

Also, as an opposing fan, I'm quite glad my team doesn't have to go against D'Shara Strange again.

Thanks, and good luck in the tourney.

Beardown said:
Mvemjsunpx said:
Beardown said:
Blofeld said:

Thanks, and good luck in the tourney.

Thanks. :)

OK, I was wrong. You guys got a WNIT bid… and so did EWU… and NoDak got a WBI bid, too. And I'm pretty sure your team has a wwwwaaaaaayyyyy better chance of winning their first postseason game than the Lady Griz do. :?

Mvemjsunpx said:
OK, I was wrong. You guys got a WNIT bid… and so did EWU… and NoDak got a WBI bid, too. And I'm pretty sure your team has a wwwwaaaaaayyyyy better chance of winning their first postseason game than the Lady Griz do. :?

That really blows that Montana is a 16 seed. I didn't think we were one of the worst women's basketball conferences in D-I.

Latest posts

Back