• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

Is Softball Being Managed Properly?

BroadwayVik

Isn't this the first year of the new head coach? That last one we had, Meadow McWhorter, I'm certainly glad she's gone.

The first year is the year to tear down the old system and build it up anew the second year. But a 9-0 loss against the Beaver gals does not bode well. I hope this new hire knows what she is doing.

We have historically had very good softball teams.

Let's straighten this out. McWhorter is in her first year; she was hired last July - this is her first recruiting year. Right now we have about half the team as freshmen. Hitting is inconsistent, but for all that not bad at all. Check the stats. We're averaging about one error a game, reflecting the freshmen. That has to improve. The real problem is pitching. We have one freshman and one sophomore pitching right now. That's where we're losing the games. Recruiting a good pitcher is an enormous challenge - everyone in the country is looking for them. Our freshman - Detamore -is good in one game, not so good in the next. Typical freshman; needs experience. We can hope that McWhorter will be lucky in the next recruiting cycle and pull in a couple good pitchers.
Note: it's much too early to make any judgement on McWhorter's coaching abilities.

Yes, thanks. I thought that was the name of the coach from before. This is the one brought in from MHCC.

You're right. New coach needs to work things in and a first-year coach is setting the table. All right.

Yes, let's give her some time.

Latest posts

Back