• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

Hornets beat montucky in the Nest…

SDHornet

Staff member
…for the 3rd straight year. :lol: :lol: :lol:

92-83. They had no answer for our front court. The Nest was well over capacity and had the temp baseline seats full as well.

Women got their first win in Missoula to boot. 73-60

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Nice to see some life on the basketball board.

Miss folks commenting on the teams this season.

Think we have two good basketball teams that are doing their best to improve during the Big Sky season and look forward to both teams continuing to get better and fight on during the second half of the season coming up next week .

Go Hornets

and

Stingers Up!!

josephpoint said:
Nice to see some life on the basketball board.

Miss folks commenting on the teams this season.

Think we have two good basketball teams that are doing their best to improve during the Big Sky season and look forward to both teams continuing to get better and fight on during the second half of the season coming up next week .

Go Hornets

and

Stingers Up!!

Thats what happens when you have a moderator who harangues posters for being positive about Sac State...it makes no sense to me why but he can now have his little forum all to hisself...just to make it clear, I am talking about the most negative "Sac State fan" on this board...GreenCookieMonster...

peegeepee said:
Thats what happens when you have a moderator who harangues posters for being positive about Sac State...it makes no sense to me why but he can now have his little forum all to hisself...just to make it clear, I am talking about the most negative "Sac State fan" on this board...GreenCookieMonster...

As Moderator, I will say, Go Fuck Yourself.

Only 500 people in the whole world care about this moribund program. Yet, I am the cause of anybody, somebody wanting to discuss the futile attempt at DI sports at this university?

You are probably one of those sharp whizzes who want to secede from the Union too. :clap:

Post away, it is kinda pathetic that you would even want to discuss this program. Since 1988 it has been a joke, joke and joke.

I promise not to hurt your little snowflake feelings anymore. I think I hear your momma calling you, better run along.

Thanks for proving me right....guess we can all see who is butt hurt....I'm a vietnam vet and my mother has been dead for years...but of course you wouldn't know...you are too busy wasting your time putting down the Hornets in anything they participate in....I don't have a clue what a small man you must be to come on here and continually criticize people that you couldn't hold a candle to....probably a wanna be athlete or a keyboard bad azz....why don't you just go back in your hole and play with yourself because you are the only one who could possibly stand being around you...small, small man...

Everyone just relax and enjoy this montucky pwnage. Thanks to our poor facilities that have not been addressed due to past administrative incompetence, we’ll never see more than a few outstanding years here and there until an events center is built. Until then there is nothing to do but enjoy those years where lightning is caught in a bottle and to enjoy to occasional big win.

Katz has done a tremendous job given the circumstances. This year got off to a rough start but his players compete. I just hope the new AD can get the ball rolling (i.e. fund raise) on some new digs, otherwise not much will change.

peegeepee said:
.I'm a vietnam vet

Must really be heartbreaking to know that your valor was for a country you wont even belong to anymore.

Kali's exit from the USA will formally eliminate any donations I make to a foreign school, that is another fact.

You attacked me. I have every right to post how I feel about this program. If you havent noticed, I am the resident lampooning agent of the most lampooned DI program in the country. Maybe University of Rhode Island is worse.

Give me something positive to say about this program. I have never attacked how your pie in the sky attitude is not helping the program or this board either.

Yes, Katz is a good coach and the players are what they are.

Hey guys.

I truly like all the comments and all the posts on this board over the years

And very much appreciate all of you.

And thank you for supporting Sac State and hanging in there while we continue to wait and wait for what we all know is needed...facility improvement. And if we can win championships in basketball and football without improvements to facilities, glad to prove me wrong. Happy too. Trust. We have come so close with what we have on place on campus

Another one of those special victories that so rarely happens but they do.

Was following the live stats on the Sac State /Portland State game tonight and was so encouraged by seeing us up by 9 I think at halftime and then we seemed to get stuck on 43 points for like ten minutes and then I finally stopped following when we were down by 9 with two minutes or less left.

Then I see we win in overtime!!! Wow!!! Incredible. How does that happen?

Must have been great for the fans to watch and assume there must have been football recruits at the game and students returning back from winter break. So congrats Hornets.

What a great comeback for the team and for them to know it is never over til it's over as someone once said. And way to fight on as the Sac State fight song says too..smile.

4-4 now after a 0-3 start.

That is good news. Something to be pleased about.

Keep it up Hornets on the road now next week.

Stingers Up!!

Best of luck to the Hornets tomorrow taking on Weber State.

Hope the gym is packed with students fully back from winter break, maybe the band showing up and the community turning out.

Always great to host the best basketball team in the 'Big Sky historically and yet again this year.

Go Horents

and

Stingers Up.

sorry for my usual typos.

Go Hornets!!

Fight hard and fight til the end against our Weber State Wildcats who are a 20 year rival and the best in basketball in the Big Sky and know that we will do our best in our tiny gym against the purple foe from Ogden and their beautiful facility and great fan support.

They are a Big Sky foe who has given us respect from their fan board
despite our facility issues and that is noted.

Congrats to the Hornets for taking down the Big Sky leader Weber State on Thursday in a rockin Hornet Gym and tonight beating Idaho State at home as well.
Moving us to 6-6 in Big Sky play.

Great to see the Hornets getting back to standing tall at home.
after a couple early Big Sky season defeats on our beautiful J Street campus.

Now on to Montana and Montana State.

Best of luck to our Hornets on the road to the heart of Big Sky country.

Go Hornets

and

Stingers Up!!

Congrats to Eric S. for his first Big Sky Player of the Week honor. Was thinking he might get it. He has been having a great senior season for the Hornets.

Keep it up Eric!!

great win at Montana on Thursday and fighting all the way to a 3 point loss at MSU today.

Back home for the final BSC regular season home games next week.

Go Hornets

and

Stingers up!!

Congratulations to Nick, Eric and Trevis and for the last home win at the old gym last night this season.

Three great Hornet athletes who have put their mark on the program by winning 60 games at the Div I level during their 4 years at Sac State . Know that these three fine Hornet student athletes will look to add to that record by getting after North D. and Northern CO on the road next week and then BSC tourney in Reno.

Go Hornets

and

Stingers Up!

Just win tomorrow Hornets at North Dakota and UNC on Saturday. Give it all u got and just win

Nothing to lose at this point

So

Go Hornets

and

Stingers Up!

Congrats Hornets for taking down the Big Sky season champion North Dakota in Grand Forks on Thursday night and bummer to come up short today at UNC by 3 points.

Best of luck in the Big Sky tourney in Reno.

congrats to the Hornets for a 15 point win over Idaho State in the opening round of the Big Sky tourney.

Best of luck against E. Wash. tomorrow.

Go Hornets

and

Stingers Up

Latest posts

Back