• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

Grade Hinrichs

Beardown

On the following:

Fundraising: Our budget has increased, but we're still at the bottom of the conference. I think UNC could do better. B

Facility upgrade: This is his biggest shinning spot. $31 million in facility upgrades. A

Hiring Coaches: Tad Boyle was his best hire. Downing was his worst. Jury is still out on Collins. BJ Hil...meh. Lindsy Oats was a great hire, same with Jamie White. I'll give him a solid B

Community outreach/Alumni relations: This is where the issue is. I fell guys like me were put on the back burning. I do give to the B and B Club, not a lot, but some. Any time I sent an email about something it was never returned. I don't know how anyone else feels. This was his biggest fault. I'll give him a D

It's really hard to judge without knowing what role he had to play in everything. Wasn't allot of the facility upgrades in the making and voted on by the students prior to his arrival? We have had wonderful women's volleyball and basketball coaches though I thought he was against the hiring of Tad Boyle who is probably the best UNC coach since Joe Glenn.

From my perch which is a looooong way from Greeley it's really hard to tell and unless you have a seat at the table the questions are hard to answer. I wonder what kind of grades insiders like Troy and Scott would give?

Beardown said:
On the following:

Fundraising: Our budget has increased, but we're still at the bottom of the conference. I think UNC could do better. B

Facility upgrade: This is his biggest shinning spot. $31 million in facility upgrades. A

Hiring Coaches: Tad Boyle was his best hire. Downing was his worst. Jury is still out on Collins. BJ Hil...meh. Lindsy Oats was a great hire, same with Jamie White. I'll give him a solid B

Community outreach/Alumni relations: This is where the issue is. I fell guys like me were put on the back burning. I do give to the B and B Club, not a lot, but some. Any time I sent an email about something it was never returned. I don't know how anyone else feels. This was his biggest fault. I'll give him a D

I think your grades are pretty fair except his "relations" grade. This area was Hinrich's biggest downfall. That D was maybe a little to good. Probably should have been an F !

The notion that he was against hiring Tad or that he was forced to hire Tad are totally false. As to the hiring of Jamie White and Lindsey Benson - those were Sherry Frye's hires.

BearCub said:
The notion that he was against hiring Tad or that he was forced to hire Tad are totally false. As to the hiring of Jamie White and Lindsey Benson - those were Sherry Frye's hires.

Hopefully coach Collins really works out for the football program. Seems that Hinrichs could really use that for his legacy.

Latest posts

Back