• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

Going backwards?

clawman1

Back in the Baldwin era Beau hosted a coaches show that included game breakdown. Benefits for those attending were getting to know Baldwin and the players that came each week, and learning how coaches see film when they break down last weeks game.
When Beau left film breakdown ended so it was just a radio show. Now even that is gone.
At a time when donors are more important than ever it seems the football program is pulling away.
This is the FIRST year since I've been a fan of EWU athletics, 20+ years that I did not buy season tickets for football.
Heres to hoping the new AD has the desire to get more fan/donor involvement, and move forward.

I hear you, but I think some of that is the old AD lacking vision added to the fact some of those things you were talking about weren't providing much value. Coaches are already busy enough, adding a bunch of stuff to their plate only makes sense if it provides some kind of measurable benefit. Right now, the best thing the football program can do for itself is win. Do that, and everything else falls in line.

I spoke with Larry Weir in Minneapolis & asked about radio show. They are doing a recorded show that is available on the internet. A sort of podcast. Unfortunately, this is the way of the world now. He also mentioned that in the past, the live show was on Monday. This year the team is practicing more on Monday’s which is tough to get coaches & players to a broadcast location.

I would also guess that ratings & program sponsor availability plays a big roll also.

I went to a few of the live broadcasts over the years, and they were great. I particularly remember Beau breaking down the film the year we beat WSU.

Latest posts

Back