• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

Gave that one away

The dying embers of the B.J. Hill era, one of his last recruits, Tanner Morgan, blows the game singlehandedly. What a completely useless basketball player he turned out to me. I'm glad I never have to see him wear a UNC uniform ever again.

Glad I missed this one.... had a great year but in UNC fashion of course couldn't finish the big one.

uBear said:
The dying embers of the B.J. Hill era, one of his last recruits, Tanner Morgan, blows the game singlehandedly. What a completely useless basketball player he turned out to me. I'm glad I never have to see him wear a UNC uniform ever again.

Yep. The guy just had to make one free throw...just one and we win the game.

The only up side to this lose is that CSU might not hire Linder away from us.

Beardown said:
Yep. The guy just had to make one free throw...just one and we win the game.

Not to mention missing an open layup and committing 3 fouls in overtime. But yeah, those two free throws, and his 1-7 mark for the game...yikes.

Frantic rally helps Montana emerge in overtime against UNC
https://skylinesportsmt.com/frantic-rally-helps-montana-emerge-in-overtime-against-unc/

MONTANA PRESS CONFERENCE: Griz survive UNC upset bid in OT
https://skylinesportsmt.com/montana-press-conference-griz-survive-unc-upset-bid-in-ot/

I lost sleep over this one. I still can't believe it. Why wasn't Kai Edwards in for Morgan if he was playing so crappy? I don't wanna pick on him alone because there was plenty of mistakes the last minute when we were up by 5. The two fouls by Jonah, the really stupid 10 second back court violation. That can't happen when you're in a tight game.

Jordan Davis's posterizing dunk over the 6'8'' guy made 17K likes on the SportCenter twitter feed! The anchor said it was the "dunk of the year"

That was brutal. Up by 6 with a minute left, what could possibly go wrong? An offensive foul, a defensive foul, a 10 second violation, an offensive rebound into the hands of Moorehead who steps back and hits a 3 to tie it, only need 1/2 free throws and miss them both....that's all.

I feel so bad for these guys. They played a winning game and were fearless against a bigger, deeper squad. Sanders was no freshman, killing Montana for doubling Spight. Dre made impossible shot after impossible shot. Jonah was hitting 3's and playing tough D and hit two clutch free throws to put us up by 6. JD was in beast mode. That dunk was wicked. Edwards and Tanner contained their bigs for the most part. Ahhhhhhhhhh.........

We would've beaten Eastern Washington. I can't think of a more heartwrenching way to end this season.

Hopefully we can get invited to one of the postseason tournaments and these guys can get to play again.

This loss wasn't on Tanner. This was a series of mistakes and bad luck that led to our center having to hit a free throw. Tanner had some solid plays and D.

THe future is bright. Sanders had 16 and 9 last night. Jonah has stepped up his offense to go with great D. JD will be go to guy next year and could be POY. And the incoming guys are for real. Masten was named Colorado POY. This loss may have saved our Coach too.

It's a myth that just because you got close you'll be just as good or better moving forward... they lose their best player and are dealing with NCAA sanctions, limited scholarships, etc... this was their chance and they blew it unfortunately... but when you follow UNC athletics it's the norm.

Latest posts

Back