• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

Future Schedules

EWURanger said:
How is this conference schedule going to work? UND does not count as a conference “W” unless they’re going to make some special exception for us.

I think how it works is, games against UND count as a conference win, as does any UND win against conference opponents. However, UND is not eligible to win the conference championship nor would they receive the conference autobid if they have the best record.

marceagfan5 said:
I wonder if the UND game is non conference? I can’t imagine that we don’t play Idaho next year since they are our Rival, pretty sure they and PSU are the only guaranteed games each year...

Next year is a 12 game year so we will have 4 non conf opponents

We don’t play Idaho next year. Something to do with the realignment process.

IIRC, UND starts playing in the MVFC next year, so how does a win against them count towards BSC games?

goeagles17 said:
EWURanger said:
How is this conference schedule going to work? UND does not count as a conference “W” unless they’re going to make some special exception for us.

I think how it works is, games against UND count as a conference win, as does any UND win against conference opponents. However, UND is not eligible to win the conference championship nor would they receive the conference autobid if they have the best record.

Pretty sure that was the case for *THIS* year’s games.

If UND begins their MVFC slate in 2019 I can’t imagine that a win against them could count towards our BSC record.

EWURanger said:
clawman said:
It isn't like you just pick teams to play off the shelf. At this point EWU is limited to teams that have opening either 2nd or 4th week of the season, then are they willing to come to Cheney? Teams like NDSU and Montana have the advantage of drawing 15-20,000 fans. Good luck with that playing a non-conference game in September.
It is easy to come up with an idealistic schedule but finding opponents that want to play along is another matter.
I am of the frame of mind that the conference should pony up on the bill of bringing a team to come into Cheney next year. This scheduling nightmare and the UND exit has nothing to do with EWU and everything to do with the BSC. They should fix it.
If the conference were to "pony up" for each schools perceived scheduling inequity we are all paying for each others expenses.
There are no free lunches

So here’s UND’s 2019 schedule. Still looks Big Sky heavy and they don’t appear to start MVFC play until 2020. Hopefully a win against them in Cheney counts against our BSC record.

08/31 - Drake
09/07 - at North Dakota State
09/14 - Sam Houston State
09/28 - at Eastern Washington
10/05 - UC Davis
10/12 - at Idaho State
10/19 - at Cal Poly
10/26 - Montana State
11/09 - at Weber State
11/16 - Northern Colorado
11/23 - Southern Utah

marceagfan5 said:
I wonder if the UND game is non conference? I can’t imagine that we don’t play Idaho next year since they are our Rival, pretty sure they and PSU are the only guaranteed games each year...

Hickey will do her best to get something worked out. I still feel like these near-term scheduling fiascos came off of Chaves’ plate.

How on Earth could he have left a 10 game schedule this year with only a few months before the start of the season and two open dates the following year? Schedules should be effectively locked in two years before.

LDopaPDX said:
marceagfan5 said:

Hickey will do her best to get something worked out. I still feel like these near-term scheduling fiascos came off of Chaves’ plate.

How on Earth could he have left a 10 game schedule this year with only a few months before the start of the season and two open dates the following year? Schedules should be effectively locked in two years before.
We are the victim of our own success when it comes to scheduling as far as I am concerned. Not too many teams want to travel to Cheney for obvious reasons and not to many teams want to bring us in because it very easily could come out as a loss if you are a FCS team. I am surprised we have not gotten bought out by Florida yet. Not that they are afraid of us but because of the cost to bring us down there now that Mack is no longer there. Me personally I would like to see more Challenge games versus the MVC set up a 6 year deal where teams from the Sky play that conference do home and homes. Helps everyone out $$$ wise including fans for traveling.

Wonder what was set up on a buyout clause when Jacksonville State has second thoughts on that 9/11/21 game in Cheney. Hope Chavez set that high...

EWURanger said:
So here’s UND’s 2019 schedule. Still looks Big Sky heavy and they don’t appear to start MVFC play until 2020. Hopefully a win against them in Cheney counts against our BSC record.

08/31 - Drake
10/05 - UC Davis
10/12 - at Idaho State
10/19 - at Cal Poly
10/26 - Montana State
11/09 - at Weber State
11/23 - Southern Utah

WOW, thats a brutal schedule!

clawman said:
EWURanger said:

08/31 - Drake
10/05 - UC Davis
10/12 - at Idaho State
10/19 - at Cal Poly
10/26 - Montana State
11/09 - at Weber State
11/23 - Southern Utah

WOW, thats a brutal schedule!
Your right. but did you notice it has no open dates and 6 home games. It would nice to see that in Cheney. Maybe they could schedule our rival during BSC play?????????????????

rontheoldwiseeagle2 said:
Idaho is open on Sept. 21. Why don't we play a non conference game.
They will be 0 and 3 by then they play Penn ST. Central and Wyoming. Split the gate?

As in central Washington?

EWU98 said:
They will be 0 and 3 by then they play Penn ST. Central and Wyoming. Split the gate?

Yes Central Washington, I know we have filled the 6th and waiting on a contract for the 21st but I was unable to extract any names. Sorry

EWU98 said:

Yes Central Washington, I know we have filled the 6th and waiting on a contract for the 21st but I was unable to extract any names. Sorry
Extract a name??? You interrogating people to get this information? :shock: :lol:

EWU98 said:

I sure hope they are both home games

It was nice to hear this morning listening to Brock and Salk that the Huskies are losing 9 starters from this year's defense. Hopefully we will be able to expose a young Washington defense and make this game competitive. If we can put up 30+ points we will be in the game at the end.

MLEagle said:
It was nice to hear this morning listening to Brock and Salk that the Huskies are losing 9 starters from this year's defense. Hopefully we will be able to expose a young Washington defense and make this game competitive. If we can put up 30+ points we will be in the game at the end.
Was thinking the same thing. Plus breaking in a new qb. Should be pretty exciting game!

UW QB next year is a stud. Jacob Eason, from Lake Stevens, started 12 games for Georgia as a true freshmen then got hurt in opener his soph year still played in six games after recovering. Then transferred to UW to be close to home. Many say a better qb than Browning and now they have him for 2 years.

Obzerver said:
UW QB next year is a stud. Jacob Eason, from Lake Stevens, started 12 games for Georgia as a true freshmen then got hurt in opener his soph year still played in six games after recovering. Then transferred to UW to be close to home. Many say a better qb than Browning and now they have him for 2 years.
That he might be but as we have seen having a new QB can be challenging with timing and such. Btw...sounds like at least someone mentioned on FB ...Rocky Mountain as a opponnents next year

Latest posts

Back