• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

FBS Future? AAC / Mtn West?

HornetFootballFan

With the Transfer Portal opening in about 45 days the clock is ticking on the PAC2 as some expect WSU & OSU might lose a significant amount of players to the transfer portal with so much uncertainty?

That puts a rush onto both PAC2 schools to make some choices to stabilize the PAC2 with a plan of action.

Those are the starting DOMINO’s in my opinion.

Will they build PAC2 w 2 yr NCAA waiver for minimum of 8 members while they recruit new teams from AAC & MWC will open doors for teams like our Hornets in #20 TV Market.

I was unaware of our AAC relationship that gives our AD some abilities to have conversations. As well as our AD’s previous working experience w current MWC President while they were both part of the West Coast Conference.

Here is a Wikipedia that shows Sac State on this conferences affiliate page. It’s great to have those relationships with Mark Orr.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Athletic_Conference

Have a great weekend

I know I'm seen as cray-cray, but as things currently stand, I think the Big Sky is better than both of those leagues, largely because in the Big Sky, we have a chance at the playoffs, while the American and the Mountain West are for the most part written out of the picture because the P5 is too greedy to share the pot AND they're scared of the upset. That said, if teams like MT and MT State, Weber, and EWU make the jump, we could be forced into it. The MWC would have a better footprint than the American, so travel costs would be lower, plus the MWC generally has a better profile than the American has. If we absolutely HAVE to make the jump, the Mountain West would probably be the best choice out there, particularly given the scenarios I've been hearing involving a Pac-2/MWC partnership that could involve Eurpoean soccer-style relegation....

If this plays out? The PAC doing a 2 year scheduling alliance with the mountain west which also takes mtn west till the end of its current TV Contract would most likely become either a merge into PAC12 re born or the EU Soccer format relegation & promotion from PAC 10? Or whatever down to Mtn West level both at FBS.

This could get us into Mtn West in next couple of years along with other top FCS would be my guess that are geographically feasible? TBD

https://x.com/samherderfcs/status/1725154295018865038?s=46&t=T6sj3Iu8MuWeVo3M5MGiRw

HornetFootballFan said:
If this plays out? The PAC doing a 2 year scheduling alliance with the mountain west which also takes mtn west till the end of its current TV Contract would most likely become either a merge into PAC12 re born or the EU Soccer format relegation & promotion from PAC 10? Or whatever down to Mtn West level both at FBS.

This could get us into Mtn West in next couple of years along with other top FCS would be my guess that are geographically feasible? TBD

This would clearly give us a giant financial boost as I imagine the next Mtn West TV contract would at Minimum based upon other G5 probably be in the $7-10M range for lower G5 mtn west. While the Re Born PAC would be earning well above that most likely in the $20M yr range? Most likely the Boise St, San Diego St, Fresno ST being elevated and maybe 2 American Teams? Filled in w few top FCS teams in good TV Markets like SAC ST.

https://x.com/samherderfcs/status/1725154295018865038?s=46&t=T6sj3Iu8MuWeVo3M5MGiRw

Dr. Wood said the Wellness facility will fit between 4-5,000 people. He went on to say that the Hornets were exploring moving up a conference and competing at the highest level of D1. Excited to see renderings of the new stadium.

HeavyistheClown said:
Dr. Wood said the Wellness facility will fit between 4-5,000 people. He went on to say that the Hornets were exploring moving up a conference and competing at the highest level of D1. Excited to see renderings of the new stadium.

Huge PAC 12 ruling yesterday is good for Hornets too. Long story short…. WSU and OSU get to keep all the money and make all the rules and invite new members. They’ll have deep enough pockets to facilitate MWC buyouts which will leave a big void there. And the MWC will have millions in buyout funds to help transitioning schools pay the $5m jump to FBs fee.

It’s the Wild West, still.

Kadeezy said:
HeavyistheClown said:

Huge PAC 12 ruling yesterday is good for Hornets too. Long story short…. WSU and OSU get to keep all the money and make all the rules and invite new members. They’ll have deep enough pockets to facilitate MWC buyouts which will leave a big void there. And the MWC will have millions in buyout funds to help transitioning schools pay the $5m jump to FBs fee.

You missed the stay from the Washington Supreme Court yesterday.

And it might be California’s fault if OSU and WSU have to share most future revenues with departing schools.

Pounder said:
Kadeezy said:
HeavyistheClown said:

You missed the stay from the Washington Supreme Court yesterday.

And it might be California’s fault if OSU and WSU have to share most future revenues with departing schools.

Yep, totally missed that lol

Yes… with that stay in place.

They’ve been discussing scheduling agreement for 2 years with mtn west. That’s the 2 yr window ncaa pac2 pardon, while other teams are fully in new conference and they have fill control then.
Also in synch with mtn west tv contract renewal as well as PAC 2 rebuild with top teams and reload 2nd tier G5 mtn west w few large tv market FCS like sac state into the mtn west. The promotion / relegation link I sent prior

Kadeezy said:
Delaware is leaving the CAA for Conference USA in 2024-25! :cry:

Wonder what womens sport everyone is adding to offset the 22 scholies?
What could Sac State add? We are already at the top end of sports offered.

Green Cookie Monster said:
Kadeezy said:

This is getting a little scary at this point because FCS is getting really watered down. I really hope our stadium reno plans come out soon, with some move up plans, or stating our intention to do so publicly. FCS is becoming more like the old DII and the Group of 4?5? is more like the old FCS. Hopefully we can get something done!!!!

As far as the sports go... couldn't we add women's swimming? Wrestling? Field Hockey? Or drop Men's Indoor track (i know a lot of those schollies overlap)? I guess it really depends on the destination conference and what they offer and what conferences would take us as part-members.

Kadeezy said:
Green Cookie Monster said:
Kadeezy said:

This is getting a little scary at this point because FCS is getting really watered down. I really hope our stadium reno plans come out soon, with some move up plans, or stating our intention to do so publicly. FCS is becoming more like the old DII and the Group of 4?5? is more like the old FCS. Hopefully we can get something done!!!!

As far as the sports go... couldn't we add women's swimming? Wrestling? Field Hockey? Or drop Men's Indoor track (i know a lot of those schollies overlap)? I guess it really depends on the destination conference and what they offer and what conferences would take us as part-members.

Yep, FCS will be small regional private schools or multi directional teacher colleges. If Sam Houston can go FBS then anyone can go.

Sac State already outdraws most of the MAC.

Latest posts

Back