• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

EWU vs. SELA Game Day Thread

Glad we scored but the defense needs to step up to the plate. Lots of time left. And whatever you do don’t allow a return.

ewueagfan said:
Well I was hoping we'd be in a position at the end of the game for our defense to win it for us. Now we're relying on an inconsistent offense to get the W. I'm not terribly confident.

Ask and you shall receive.

I guess you’re always going to have these close games but we need to get a lot better inside the 20. We left way too many points on the field today and against better teams that will kill us. Also, too many drive killing penalties.

EWURanger said:
I guess you’re always going to have these close games but we need to get a lot better inside the 20. We left way too many points on the field today and against better teams that will kill us. Also, too many drive killing penalties.

Yeah, this was one of those games where Eastern did a lot of things right, but also made it much tougher than it should’ve been.

First, Jackson is our guy at RB. He needs a lot of carries, because he’s feeling it. The OL looked strong today, and he seems to be the only guy hitting the holes with pace.

Second, we need to slow things down for Visperas. He played well, but if he hits a couple of open throws that were there, Eastern is scoring on darn near every possession. There were a couple of bad throws, although he sucked it up and looked very good in the fourth quarter.

Defensively, I thought we looked sharp. We need to improve on our early-game focus though. This is the third game in a row the opening drive ended in a TD. That’s not good.

Different outcome perhaps had we not knocked that other qb who started second half..They play both qb's and that second one started out well and adjusting to a new qb with more passing technique and style we would have to really adjust. Jackson looks so good running the ball..real good. Thought the crowd was into game not sure how they came across on tv but that game really got them fired up. Man, had Visperas hit those open guys we wipe em out and wr's made some get catches on overthrows(lots of em). Visperas could be special. Someone asked how Idaho could be so good so quick..ala Colorado. Simple playing the portal game and transfers. That's the new football that has been created. EWU brought in 28...could have been more and have to have ability to choose the right ones...is Best going to beable to play that game?

eaglesfootball said.."god damn we're going to lose a game we've been dominating all game long." That's what it felt like in the stands. Look at final stats. We shoulda killed them. Wondering if play calling inside the 20 are the right plays...sheeshkabobbers.

That was one fun and exciting game...been awhile to feel that feel and it feels GOOD! Way to go boys.

Surf_Turf_Shish_Kabobs_onbxkk.jpg

Fresno St. beating Arizona St. 16-0 at half...oh 44 seconds left. For those that saw game on TV how'd the crowd look and sound?

*Sac St. just beat Stanford

Obzerver said:
Fresno St. beating Arizona St. 16-0 at half...oh 44 seconds left. For those that saw game on TV how'd the crowd look and sound?

*Sac St. just beat Stanford

Arizona State can’t even get close to Fresno. They’ve had one good drive that petered out near the goal line. Other than that, Fresno stuffing them. Weird; I didn’t think Fresno was all that good. Maybe Arizona State is just terrible like Stanford.

LDopaPDX said:
EWURanger said:

Yeah, this was one of those games where Eastern did a lot of things right, but also made it much tougher than it should’ve been.

First, Jackson is our guy at RB. He needs a lot of carries, because he’s feeling it. The OL looked strong today, and he seems to be the only guy hitting the holes with pace.

Second, we need to slow things down for Visperas. He played well, but if he hits a couple of open throws that were there, Eastern is scoring on darn near every possession. There were a couple of bad throws, although he sucked it up and looked very good in the fourth quarter.

Defensively, I thought we looked sharp. We need to improve on our early-game focus though. This is the third game in a row the opening drive ended in a TD. That’s not good.

Agreed, Jackson is definitely the guy at RB, although the other guy is decent too. I was very impressed today by the running game, the QB play and the defense. EWU took FSU to the wire and picked up the first win of the season at home, the EAGS look prepared for Big Sky play. Eastern has a good shot at winning six BSC games, that’ll get us in the playoffs. Eastern will definitely be ranked after beating a ranked FCS team now.

Btw, I love the new jerseys! I’ve been waiting for the entire school name to be added this way, and I hope it stays. It could also help with branding, there are lots of “Eastern”(s)

DSC_0980.jpg

HeavyIsTheCrown said:
LDopaPDX said:
EWURanger said:

Agreed, Jackson is definitely the guy at RB, although the other guy is decent too. I was very impressed today by the running game, the QB play and the defense. EWU took FSU to the wire and picked up the first win of the season at home, the EAGS look prepared for Big Sky play. Eastern has a good shot at winning six BSC games, that’ll get us in the playoffs. Eastern will definitely be ranked after beating a ranked FCS team now.

Btw, I love the new jerseys! I’ve been waiting for the entire school name to be added this way, and I hope it stays. It could also help with branding, there are lots of “Eastern”(s)

DSC_0980.jpg

We have three pretty good options at RB with Jackson, Tuna, and Dotson. I thought all three of them looked really good today, and that's a good problem to have. I do agree that Jackson seems to be the guy that has the ability to break a run open out of the backfield...I.E. the long TD run against Fresno State.

I like that we're rotating three in and out, but just wish it were more situational. It seems like we leave the same guy in for a series or two, and then rotate the next guy in for no reason at all other than to get fresh legs in. Tuna and Dotson are more inside runners. Jackson is a guy who has a little more speed. But we run the same plays for all three of them. I.E. we kept trying to run outside zone with Tuna when it was clearly not working.

Latest posts

Back