• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

CIT Final Four

bearadactyl

10.5 favorites tonight versus Sam Houston State. We were 2.5 point underdogs against San Diego. I guess we match up better with these guys, and we're at home.

This one is not on the CIT site as the first two were. It's on CBS Sports Network which requires a cable subscription. But youtube TV has a 7 day free trial for anyone like me that doesn't have cable.

Spight has 792 points this season and has a legit shot at breaking the all-time record of 845, set over 50 years ago. Dre can also break the record for 3's in a season, 124. He needs 7.

UIC is currently up 17 with 3 minutes to go at Liberty in the other Final Four matchup.

Great win over Sam Houston. Nice to see Butler packed with fans and students. Hopefully this hot shooting continues on Friday when we play UIC in Greeley for the CIT Championship.

Dre goes for 40 the third time this season! He had 7 threes to break the all-time BSC season record. He needs about 14 I think to set the all-time season points record.

Let's hang that banner from the rafters Bears!

I had no idea this game was on TV until about 10 minutes before tip off. That was really fun to watch. I am really looking forward to watching the championship game, especially since it comes on at a "easier to stay awake" hour at 7:00 my time. I also appreciate that UIL-C beat Liberty as I could not stomach those knuckleheads winning the tournament.

Anyone know how we are getting these home games? Are we outbidding the other teams?

UIC is a bigger team but that does not mean too much with our quickness. Hopefully we will play some great defense . If they get in under the basket we will be hurting. Hopefully we will not come out cold. Lets go Bears !! Take this trophy tonight !

Got my tickets for tonight, it's going to be a fun one! Getting off work early to head up to Greeley.

Up 9 at half, 35-26 in a low-scoring game.

Spight's having an off-night so far, 1-7 from behind the arc. But JD's come out aggressive, attacking the rim for 16 in the first half.

Stolen inbounds pass by Sanders, lead out to Spight, back to Sanders for the dunk--awesome!

CIT Champions!

Spight CIT MVP. Spight, JD, and Jonah all-CIT team.

First Big Sky team to win a postseason tournament.

Most wins ever in a season.

Spight all-time Big Sky season scorer.

:clap:

Kind of an ugly game but man was that fantastic. To see the gym packed and the students showing up was just great to see. A deserving send off for the seniors.
To see a couple of Big Sky records fall at Butler (I still call it that) is just magical. Thank you Bears!!!!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

What a great win and what a great great bunch of talented players and coaches. They made us proud to be Bear fans. Hope this a start of many more exciting and successful games to come.

That game was great, got a little too exciting at the end. Also awesome they broke the attendance record in the arena tonight as well.

I was getting a little worried about a "Montana ending" when our lead shrunk from 15 down to 3 in the waning minutes. But that heavenly half-court heave to Jalen for the dunk sealed it. Coach Linder said the play is called "touchdown." We may want to add that to the football team's playbook. ;-)

When the clock ran out, the students rushed the court and confetti rained down. Coach and Dre were giving interviews on national TV! And they presented the trophy to the smiling players who fought so hard for this championship.

The commentator said something like: "And just like that, Greeley has become a basketball town." I really hope this is true. Setting a new attendance record is testament to growing fandom in part, but also to a championship game on national TV. Troy made a point in his postgame on KFKA of imploring fans/students to continue supporting the Bears next season. He mentioned splitting season ticket packages as a good, cost-saving way to support the Bears throughout the season. Perhaps the admin can present this to the community, student body, Greek chapters, etc.

Obviously we can't replace Dre. But the talented, starting nucleus of JD, Jonah, and Jalen returns. Then we add incoming freshmen Masten and Hume, who were ***players of the year*** in Colorado 5A and 3A. And remember we've had success despite being restrained. We are still down one scholarship next year, but after that the BJ debacle is past.

Coach mentioned in a pregame interview on Altitude 950 that the recruiting strategy is to get the best in-state players to come to UNC, and then get creative (Australia, etc.) to find size. If we can get a post player to go with our guards we can be a force. Look at Montana's Akoh. He's nothing special but we had no answer for his size, so he goes off for a career-high 34 and we lose by 9. But against a Michigan team with equal size Akoh has 2 points! Winning the CIT boosts our recruiting ability.

The future is bright. Can't wait for next season and beyond. Go Bears!

SLenz44 said:
That game was great, got a little too exciting at the end. Also awesome they broke the attendance record in the arena tonight as well.

I keep reading that everywhere and I don't know where that's from because it's not true...

I wasn't a math major but I think these numbers are bigger...

4,674 vs. Wisconsin-Milwaukee (3/18/89)
4,429 vs. Augustana (2/23/89)
4,013 vs. Alaska-Farbanks (3/17/89)
3,875 vs. South Dakota State (2/25/89)
3,586 vs. Air Force (2/4/75)
3,311 vs. Denver (2/7/05)
3,192 vs. Colorado State (12/1/09)

Blofeld said:
SLenz44 said:

I keep reading that everywhere and I don't know where that's from because it's not true...

I suppose it's a post-remodel attendance record, since the seating capacity was severely reduced when they actually put in chairs.

Blofeld said:
SLenz44 said:

Yeah, it must be after the remodel. They announced it was a new record a few minutes before the game ended in the arena.

I really like the look of the new arena at PSU.
Would be nice to have something similar that doesn't feel like a high school gym:

http://pamplinmedia.com/images/artimg/00003567457095.jpg

Brian said:
I really like the look of the new arena at PSU.
Would be nice to have something similar that doesn't feel like a high school gym:

http://pamplinmedia.com/images/artimg/00003567457095.jpg

Maybe after the new expansion to the university center we can talk them into a new project. A new area would be awesome though

Latest posts

Back