• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

Cal State Bake vs Sac State

SactoHornetAlum

Staff member
Tonight we get to reunite with an old friend as Cal State Bakersfield returns to the Hornets Nest for the first time since December of 1989. They own the alltime series 15-4 with our last win coming in the 1988-89 season (at their place). Our last home win against them was in 1980 (a 77-69 Hornet win).

They are 5-12 overall coming off back to back wins (at home vs. LMU 98-64, at San Diego 80-72). They have lost to Weber twice this year as well as ucdavis. They did upend Fresno State at home early in the year.

Its tough to tell how it will turn out considering I have no clue who they have or what kind of game they play. Both teams are shooting 40% FG. They are 65% at the FT line where we are 59%. They are avg. only two points more a game than we are (66.9 to 64.9). They have one guy double figures in scoring in junior F Terrance Johns, who is avg. 14.6ppg.

If we play like we did against MSU, then we have a shot. If they force us inside like Montana did, it could be a rough night.

Thoughts???

Yup. Though he will be leaving the program in better shape than he found it, last night's game was very depressing to be at. We just flat out gave up after we got to about a 5 point lead early. And Bakersfield is not that good of a team. If we had even last year's team, we would have blown them out of the water by 20.

Vinnie McGhee is the only player we have. The rest are either selfish (Justin Williams) or just flat out bad (Darnell Ferguson, Justin Eller).

Time to start anew.

SactoHornetAlum said:
Yup. Though he will be leaving the program in better shape than he found it, last night's game was very depressing to be at. We just flat out gave up after we got to about a 5 point lead early. And Bakersfield is not that good of a team. If we had even last year's team, we would have blown them out of the water by 20.

Vinnie McGhee is the only player we have. The rest are either selfish (Justin Williams) or just flat out bad (Darnell Ferguson, Justin Eller).

Time to start anew.

If this team ends up 5-23, did he really leave the team in better shape? Anyways, last night's game was UGLY. I couldn't even stay the whole game because I was so frustrated. CSUB is not that good and they were missing some of their best players.

Vinnie McGhee is the best thing going in this program and I hope he doesn't leave with Jenkins. I totally agree with you on the Justin Williams thing. After making a couple layups he assumes it's therefore okay for him to take a dumb shot or two. Every time he touches the ball, it's just akward. I'm still not decided on Darnell Ferguson and Justin Eller. Darnell is too small to play at the forward position Jenkins keeps playing him at. Darnell should never shoot unless he's uncontested. I know he's only a freshman, so I'm cutting him some slack, but the kid takes some bad shots and should stick to what he does best, playing hustle defense. As for Eller, he's not a Center, but we're forced to play him like one. Watching him, I think he's be more comfortable at the 4 with a shot blocker in the middle, but we all know how hard those are to come by.

The two biggest differences for this team as opposed to last, no Alex Bausley and no Davon Roberts.

Since academic or basketball athletic prowness is NOT required to play for Sac, when can I get a basketball scholarship to continue my studies?

The sad thing is, Jenkins only recruited Wandji Aboubakar for one reason... Academics, and the fact he is a shoe-in to graduate.

Kadeezy said:
The sad thing is, Jenkins only recruited Wandji Aboubakar for one reason... Academics, and the fact he is a shoe-in to graduate.

Hey at least players have graduated under Jerome. Can't say the same for Newman's or most of Abatemarco's recruits.

SactoHornetAlum said:
Kadeezy said:

Hey at least players have graduated under Jerome. Can't say the same for Newman's or most of Abatemarco's recruits.

Still, the rate is abysmal...

Latest posts

Back