• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

Any high school players giving their verbal commitments for 2020 ?

Up - I think any HS player right now this early in season who holds an offer from ISU is most likely thinking he will get an offer from an FBS school possibly as the next two months progress, like a mountain west school or something like that. So they are probably being told by there circle of influence to be patient and see what else comes. I think In November and December we might get a few commitments. Until then I think we will see HS players wait.

You are probably right but on the other hand the longer a recruit waits to give a verbal commitment the offer may go away and could go to another potential recruit. I guess it comes down to the recruit.

up for the challenge said:
You are probably right but on the other hand the longer a recruit waits to give a verbal commitment the offer may go away and could go to another potential recruit. I guess it comes down to the recruit.

Totally agree UP. You are not the only one they offered at your position they probably offered a handful of other guys at your position. Longer you wait that offer could go away due to others committing first. Need to have good counsel in your circle. I do know that with Coach Kramer the situation was presented like this “ok we offered you, we are excited about offering you. We will have you come to campus for an official visit in about a month and a half (mid January) and after that visit you have 48 hours to make a commitment. If you don’t commit then we are pulling the offer. If you do commit We expect you to shut down your recruitment. We don’t want to hear that you are talking to other schools and we don’t want to find out you went on a visit to Eastern Washington”. Coach Kramer and staff did not screw around. They gave you some time but once that official visit took place it was time to decide one way or the other. Pretty fair I thought. I am sure Coach Phenice and staff are the same or if not even more stringent with recruiting strategy. It’s a competitive situation staffs can’t wait too long for a player to decide.

I guess most recruits that received an offer wait until they are invited to a college on an official visit before giving their verbal commitment but some will give their verbal commitment early. That is why I asked the question who has given their verbal commitment. I would think if a recruit gets multiple offers the coaches should be understanding that the recruit will visit the other colleges as well on an official visit before giving his verbal commitment. The coaches could lose that recruit if that recruit feels pressured by coaches saying you only have 48 hours to give your verbal commitment. On the other side the coaches have the right to pull their offer from that recruit if the recruit does not give his verbal commitment 48 hours after his official visit. I think each recruit has their own agenda while being recruited.

up for the challenge said:
I guess most recruits that received an offer wait until they are invited to a college on an official visit before giving their verbal commitment but some will give their verbal commitment early. That is why I asked the question who has given their verbal commitment. I would think if a recruit gets multiple offers the coaches should be understanding that the recruit will visit the other colleges as well on an official visit before giving his verbal commitment. The coaches could lose that recruit if that recruit feels pressured by coaches saying you only have 48 hours to give your verbal commitment. On the other side the coaches have the right to pull their offer from that recruit if the recruit does not give his verbal commitment 48 hours after his official visit. I think each recruit has their own agenda while being recruited.

For sure! It could go both ways. recruiting is such a sensitive delicate game for all involved

I would think that ISU has already offered some players and are waiting on their verbal commitments. I have viewed other team sites where high school players have already gave their verbal commitments or have been offered.

Latest posts

Back