• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

2023 Playoffs - 1st Round: Sac State at North Dakota

I hope South Dakota is scouting our fan forum, lol…

Anyways - for what it’s worth, the couple portal trackers I follow don’t show any Sac State entrants. Seems like in the portal era that it is common to be in “intends” status, before really in the portal. Imagine that’s the period of time when other programs are in your ear, you let your current team know you’re on the way out, etc.

No penalties or turnovers, pretty much a perfect game. Congrats getting all cylinders firing at once.
Can they recreate lightening in a bottle again vs. USD?

Green Cookie Monster said:
No penalties or turnovers, pretty much a perfect game. Congrats getting all cylinders firing at once. Congrats!

I think South Dakota is about as good as North Dakota was. Hopefully USD is feeling complacent and we can get the jump on them too. There is major roster unpredictability for us going into this game. I've watched some tape ,and their D is far superior to UND,. I'm worried our D may give their offense a chance to look good too. I give us about a 40% chance of victory and we would need to win like 37-34 or something like that... Man it would be cool to have NDSU beat MSU and roll into Fargo for the chance to go 3/3 against the Dakotas. Then, hell make it 4/4 in the natty! LOL

Depending on our host bid, there's still a chance we could host a game if NDSU upsets MSU and we upset USD. The original game bids would be reviewed and the highest (usually) would host on 12/9! I have a hard time believing we outbid the BIZON, but you never know!

For Saturday, my head tells me... USD 38 SAC 20...

Kadeezy said:
No penalties or turnovers, pretty much a perfect game. Congrats getting all cylinders firing at once. Congrats!

I think South Dakota is about as good as North Dakota was. Hopefully USD is feeling complacent and we can get the jump on them too. There is major roster unpredictability for us going into this game. I've watched some tape ,and their D is far superior to UND,. I'm worried our D may give their offense a chance to look good too. I give us about a 40% chance of victory and we would need to win like 37-34 or something like that... Man it would be cool to have NDSU beat MSU and roll into Fargo for the chance to go 3/3 against the Dakotas. Then, hell make it 4/4 in the natty! LOL

Depending on our host bid, there's still a chance we could host a game if NDSU upsets MSU and we upset USD. The original game bids would be reviewed and the highest (usually) would host on 12/9! I have a hard time believing we outbid the BIZON, but you never know!

For Saturday, my head tells me... USD 38 SAC 20...

Oops, wrong thread.

SDHornet said:
I'm not saying I like it, it's just the college athletic industry/market right now. Taylor bailed on us mid playoff run last season, why should we expect the players to be any more committed?

The answer is pretty easy, actually. There needs to be a moratorium on "the portal" until the end of the season. Or at least from the end of the regular season til the end of the post season.

There's really no point to having the portal open at this time. It's not as if a student-athlete can switch teams to join them during their current postseason run. Even if a kid decides upon a new team now, they aren't eligible to play until next season.

All the portal does at this time of the season is create unnecessary chaos and water down (hurt) the product of college football.

All the professional leagues have moratoriums on trades, transactions, etc. until the start of the next league year. College athletics should follow suit, as they are more "pro" now than ever.

If these programs just HAVE top get a jump start on the portal so they know what holes to recruit, then perhaps the NLI day needs to be pushed back to February like it used to be. The early signing period is cool and all, but if it's causing issues with the portal -- then change it.

It's one thing for an NFL prospect to opt to sit out during bowl season and playoffs/CFP, but an altogether thing for student-athletes remaining in college to be sitting out because they have entered a "portal". That $#1t needs to wait until the end of the season.

No penalties or turnovers, pretty much a perfect game. Congrats getting all cylinders firing at once.

I haven't been able to chime in until now. Just wanted to say that Kaiden Bennett played lights out and his best game (IMO) of his college career, especially considering all the circumstances. He deserves a lot of credit and praise for that.

The offense, as a whole, played fantastic the entire first half. They were still good the 2nd half, just didn't get the same opportunities as UND rebounded. Ultimately they came up big when it counted most. Fresques called a pretty damn good game.

Defensively the crew wasn't all that good, but they are also missing some crucial pieces. But credit to them as they made some big stops, sacks and turnovers. Credit to them as well.

Lastly, I love seeing Fresques get #16 involved more. Some may not like seeing him run it, but IMO it's smart to feature your best players and live and die with them. If the Hornets can't get him more involved in the pass game, then handing him the rock here and there seems like a good idea to me. And he's looked good doing it. Just needs to tighten up the rock a bit more as he spins and fights for extra yards.

WRT whether the Hornets can recreate the lighting? We sure all hope so. I mean, how crazy would it be for THIS team to advance further into the bracket than the past 3 teams which had much loftier expectations? They've got to win next week to have a chance to accomplish that, but it sure seems possible.

Another absolute banger by the social media folks. Also love that Coach Thompson was rocking the threepeat trucker hat during the game. :notworthy:

https://twitter.com/SacHornetsFB/status/1729657072831045675

Latest posts

Back