• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

2023/2024 Discussion Thread

Brian

Staff member
Since this board is on its last legs, I thought I would create a single thread for all things UNC basketball this season.

Game against CSU tonight. Watched the game against CC and the first 5 7 minutes or so did not instill a lot of confidence but they then got it together.
Hope they can at least keep it close against the Rams.

Brian;

I've been hoping things would pick up at UNC. Your fan board has been quiet for a bit. The Bear's football program has a good coach in place and they will be getting better soon. They were already more competitive this year, even with no wins. The BSC is just loaded with high quality football programs. The competition is tremendous.

In basketball, you have a really good coach in Steve Smiley. I got to know him when he was an assitant at Weber and thought highly of him. I thought he would someday be a head coach for us. I've watched a couple of your BB games so far. I feel that this year's addition is playing more together as a team than last year's. Your little point guard, Dejoure Reaves, is a player that we were looking at. I think he will be very good for your Bears. I also like a couple of the other transfers you have brought in. From what I have seen, I think you will fare better than last year. Your big men seem to be improving as they age.

The BSC will be quite competitive this year. I would expect that anyone can beat anyone. The formula for winning the BSC is to win all of your home games and at least half of your road games. It helps to get hot in March, if you can. I'm pulling for coach Smiley to win every game, with the exception of when you play Weber.

See you soon. :clap:

A friendly Wildcat

oldrunner said:
Brian;

I've been hoping things would pick up at UNC. Your fan board has been quiet for a bit. The Bear's football program has a good coach in place and they will be getting better soon. They were already more competitive this year, even with no wins. The BSC is just loaded with high quality football programs. The competition is tremendous.

In basketball, you have a really good coach in Steve Smiley. I got to know him when he was an assitant at Weber and thought highly of him. I thought he would someday be a head coach for us. I've watched a couple of your BB games so far. I feel that this year's addition is playing more together as a team than last year's. Your little point guard, Dejoure Reaves, is a player that we were looking at. I think he will be very good for your Bears. I also like a couple of the other transfers you have brought in. From what I have seen, I think you will fare better than last year. Your big men seem to be improving as they age.

The BSC will be quite competitive this year. I would expect that anyone can beat anyone. The formula for winning the BSC is to win all of your home games and at least half of your road games. It helps to get hot in March, if you can. I'm pulling for coach Smiley to win every game, with the exception of when you play Weber.

See you soon. :clap:

A friendly Wildcat

Thanks for the kind words. I swear, UNC holds their own in every sport (but football) so I am not sure why more students or alums don't support the programs (or at least chat about it on the message board).
It's odd to me.

Brian said:
Since this board is on its last legs, I thought I would create a single thread for all things UNC basketball this season.

Game against CSU tonight. Watched the game against CC and the first 5 7 minutes or so did not instill a lot of confidence but they then got it together.
Hope they can at least keep it close against the Rams.

I have been to a couple of games and watched others on tv and I see a couple of bright spots in Saint Thomas and DeJour Reaves but to have success this team has to have a better shooting percentage. At least 42% . I believe the lack of enthusiasm goes directly to the success of a schools football program. If they have a consistently successful program everyone is happy and it filters over to the other sports programs. The football program is the front porch of a University and our porch is in dire need of repair and renovation !

Latest posts

Back