• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

2020 expectations

I have read the comments from the posters on the BengalBlitz about the 2020 expectations. Most posters do not see a winning season in 2020 but some forecast a better season over the 2019 season. I maybe wrong but the addition of a transfer QB should make the offense better but he will need to prove himself on the field. The Juco transfers at the DB position should make the defense better but again they will have to prove it on the field. If the program is only looking to recruit and sign mostly Idaho high school players in the future than that is fine but that could hurt future out of state recruiting when players from out of state see most of the players at ISU are from Idaho.

My expectations we will win or have a new coach next year. Phen said we have to do better, and as quickly as Phaye was released I am sure this A.D. and President want results. I think Waal will be better on offense than we have had for a long time. The defense needs to improve to give us a chance.

50 yr fan said:
My expectations we will win or have a new coach next year. Phen said we have to do better, and as quickly as Phaye was released I am sure this A.D. and President want results. I think Waal will be better on offense than we have had for a long time. The defense needs to improve to give us a chance.

You maybe right 50 yr fan. My feeling is Coach Phen has had only a couple of years of recruiting as a head coach as most of The Seniors and Juniors from 2019 were Coach Kramer recruits. I would give Coach Phen a few more years to see how his recruits perform on the field. I understand the LDS kids need to go on their mission for two years but I think the program should wait until they come back from their mission to see if they still want to play before offering them a scholarship. I would use those scholarships for high school players and transfers ready to join the program in 2020.

I think they didn`t extend Him for a reason. I hope He wins this year , but I don`t think there is much sand left in the hour glass. GO BENGALS

50 yr fan said:
I think they didn`t extend Him for a reason. I hope He wins this year , but I don`t think there is much sand left in the hour glass. GO BENGALS

I know this may open a new can of worms for some posters from BengalBlitz and maybe you but I would have signed mostly JUCO’s and Step Down players if I knew my job was on the line going into the 2020-2021 season instead of giving most of the scholarships to high school players and LDS mission kids going on their mission for two years. Those incoming high school players and LDS kids signed this season will not help our team this season. Like you said, they did not extend Coach Phen for a reason after last season record so if that is the case Coach Phen has to have a winning season. I know a head coach has to build a program with mostly high school players but this is a must win situation going into this upcoming season as that is your expectations. I still feel they should extend Coach Phen contract to another two years to see how his recruits He signed over the last two years develop and perform. I wish Coach Phen and his players the best of luck.

Latest posts

Back