• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

2014 Baseball

Hornets beat Chicago State today for the 30th win of the season and improve to a WAC leading record of 16-4.
Go for the sweep of the Cougars from the Windy City tomorrow

Roll on Hornets!!

just checked on the WAC standings. See that Grand Canyon, Seattle and Utah Valley all have 7 defeats so the Hornets are in first by 3 games with 7 WAC games remaining for Sac State..

Also just discoverd that Seattle has games on live video as today's game against Grand Canyon appears to be in a rain delay. Be great to see Sac State home games streamed on live video in the future..

Safe trip home for the Hornets from Texas. Take care of business against the Ags from the school to the westt on Tuesday and then wrap up the WAC regular season title against North Dakota next weekend on campus in front of hopefully a huge Hornet crowd.

The series went just as bad for us as I thought it would but we avoided the sweep and hold onto a meager 1 game lead over GCU for the regular season title. Hornets need to take care of business and sweep UND at home for the title. If we can’t do that then in all honestly we don’t deserve the WAC title.

We secured the top seed for the WAC tourny though. Final game at Raley tonight against farmville.

Time for the Hornets to get it all together and sweep UND. Grand Canyon U is in the transition from Div II to Div I so cannot go forward after the regular WAC season.

Time for the 1st place Hornet bats to come alive for an entire game against UND and finish the WAC season on campus this weekend. Shake off the narrow defeats to UTPA and get it done!! Hornet Pride.

Go Sac State .

It was a great game today. The Hornets jumped out to an early 3-0 lead but started committing errors to let UND get back in it and take a 4-3 lead. Then the Hornets battle back and regain the lead only to give up a HR to tie it in the top of the 9th. Then Del Grande drilled a walk off HR in the bottom of the 9th. It was a very dramatic game and a huge win to get them their 2nd WAC Championship in 3 years.
:clap: :notworthy:

http://www.hornetsports.com/sports/bsb/2013-14/releases/201405174i5kvq

Now they need to shift their focus onto winning the tournament. :nod:

Our destination will be announced at 0900 tomorrow. I suspect that it will be at Cow Poly, which was selected to host its first regional ever.

Congratulations to Coach Christiansen and the Hornet baseball team - fantastic result to a great season!! :clap:

Latest posts

Back