• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

With the 32nd Selection… Tim Wheeler

iSac

Congrats to Tim Wheeler and his family on his first round selection by the Rockies!!! I’d heard he was a solid recruit, but didn’t know he might be taken so high until I saw the Bee’s article yesterday AM. Great day for Tim and Hornet athletics. I may actually hook up an IV of coffee and take an inkling of interest in baseball now.

Video of the selection: http://colorado.rockies.mlb.com/media/video.jsp?content_id=4956945&c_id=col I don’t know where MLB gets their video of him… it’s never in a Hornet uni that I’ve seen. WTF?

Congrats to Tim and the Hornet Baseball program. iSac, that video was from the Cape Cod Summer League he was in last summer.

Now that makes sense. It'd be nice to see a little green and gold in those vids, but still good none the less. Thanks, SHA.

That's great, hopefully he doesnt forget his roots.

I dont like how they incorporated the two non-Sac State athletes into the article though, they shouldve had their own under prep sports.

I'm surprised we have no Hornets on the Lodi Baseball Club, a summer college team featuring players from around the country and even Canada. While the roster seems to revolve around four UOP players and a returner from last year's Lodi GrapeSox from Lee University in Tennessee, there are a few players from AR and CR. Why not Sac State? It would be good experience for them.

Super Hornet said:
I'm surprised we have no Hornets on the Lodi Baseball Club, a summer college team featuring players from around the country and even Canada. While the roster seems to revolve around four UOP players and a returner from last year's Lodi GrapeSox from Lee University in Tennessee, there are a few players from AR and CR. Why not Sac State? It would be good experience for them.

Because most of the good players go and play in the Cape Cod League or the Alaska Summer League. Those are the two best leagues if you want to build up towards getting a look from the pros.

Two former Lodi GrapeSox were taken in this year's draft. Oklahoma SS Bryant Hernandez was tabbed in the 9th round at #277 by the Trolley Dodgers. Texas Tech 1B Chris Richburg pulled in the 689th selection in the 23rd round; he was picked by my Cincinnati Reds.

Both of these guys were wonderful in playing for the GrapeSox last year. And I can flat out guarantee you that come next year, GrapeSox/LBC alum Matt Fuson out of UOP/Lodi High will be going VERY high in the draft. The guy is a thief par excellence in the mold of Rickey Henderson and comes up with the most amazing catches in CF.

Latest posts

Back