• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

Will Duft Ever Have Better Talent?

CrazyJ

When you have a legit NBA draft choice, on your roster, a seasoned center and a supporting cast that can light it up - top tier talent - you probably have the best roster you will ever coach.

Big Sky coaches thought so. Weber was predicted to easily win the Big Sky.

So if this is the best roster he will ever coach, what’s the next 5 years going to look like?

When I walked on campus as a new football recruit and saw we were the 19th ranked basketball team, in the country, I was hooked as a lifelong fan of Weber St. basketball.

I thought this year would be epic, national rankings, shlt talking BYU/Utah buddies… I was pumped! Now? Not even sure I’ll catch the games if they keep losing.

Next few years are going to be rough. Maybe we’ll punch through in the BS tournament.

This is just a possibility....In order for Jones to be an NBA draft choice he has to show he can shoot the 3 consistently....Maybe there was an understanding that if he came back to Weber this season, he would be given a green light on offense to showcase his talent for the NBA....Actually, this may explain a few of the things I have noticed this season....Verplanken has disappeared for the most part this year, Threatt started out strong but hasn't really been heard from in awhile, Koehler was shooting lights out for awhile then Jones started shooting more 3's....Just something to think about...

sacstateman said:
This is just a possibility....In order for Jones to be an NBA draft choice he has to show he can shoot the 3 consistently....Maybe there was an understanding that if he came back to Weber this season, he would be given a green light on offense to showcase his talent for the NBA....Actually, this may explain a few of the things I have noticed this season....Verplanken has disappeared for the most part this year, Threatt started out strong but hasn't really been heard from in awhile, Koehler was shooting lights out for awhile then Jones started shooting more 3's....Just something to think about...
It definately is a goal of the program to send Dillon Jones off to the NBA in the best manner possible. There is that. However, Verplancken's skid is of a different making. He has never been a pure shooter in the sense that his form is a bit unconventional. He works hard to get his shot off and he has just been a little off. I feel that he will work his way out of the funk real soon. Koehler has a shooters form and just went through a little dry spell. all of our shooter have been putting in 3X the shooting work this week in an effort to turn it around. From what I saw, it looks like they have done just that. Threatt's issue is that he needs to adjust to the way teams are guarding him in League play. He will work through that. It's the defensive end where the problems have been happening. In the team practices the defense has been the focus all week. We had one or two guys who just were not buying in and doing their job. On D, that is all it takes to mess up the whole team. Those guys simply will not play until they can get that corrected. Often, the offense feeds off the defense anyway. For the rest of this season, I think we can all expect to see us continuing to work on that side of the ball. It's all about defense and rebounding. :coffee:

Latest posts

Back