• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

Week 3: UTAH

talhadfoursteals

A bit intrigued by this matchup. I'm not going to say something silly like Weber wins, but I think this game provides a bit of a chance for Weber to measure their potential. Utah will play their starters for almost 3 quarters. Whit's style. Even when his team has a commanding lead (2013's game is a good example of this), he keeps his starters in. What I would like to see is Weber play 4 quarters and compete. If the Cats can keep the game fairly close into the 3rd quarter (10-14 point difference), I see that as a victory. The last two matchups against Utah, Weber lead after the first quarter, and then got shellacked. 2008 was the closest game in the current series.

Regardless of what happens, I hope for a clean contest. Where neither side experiences any injuries and the refs don't dictate the tempo of the game (unlike what happened in Cedar Falls). I feel our OL has the ability, experience, and depth to compete against Utah. However, Weber will need excellent play from the QB position and will need to keep Utah somewhat honest by being able to run the ball. Our WRs need to run far better routes and Weisser needs to get better. His accuracy has been suspect so far this season. If Weber becomes one dimensional, it will become a blowout really quick. Weber has to sustain some drives and give the defense time to recover. I really like our secondary and linebackers. Our DL is young, but there is potential. They will continue to get better.

If we play well, I'm hoping for a 10-17 point loss.

Yes, compete, have fun and get that fat paycheck...stay injury free, hopefully, as there's the conference season to get ready for with exciting potential ahead! :thumb:

I’m not sure how we score unless they kick it to Abraham. Hoping to see some growth in our passing game and I’m looking forward to seeing how our defense competes - I think they can hang if Rising is out.

Most important thing is staying healthy for Montana State.

I am hoping the Wildcats stay healthy, play loose, and hang with the Utes and make them uncomfortable. I honestly think they can play them tougher than most are predicting. We will see.

Keep the starters out! Utah will kill us no matter what. Colllins is hurt again and it makes no sense to hurt anymore starters. Play the under classmen and take the L for the money. Montana St. is next and that’s what matters. Utah wins by 35+ anyway.

Are these radio announcers from the utes?
Beautiful sea of red
Great program, culture, blah, blah , blah

I listen for the Weber State commentary, not ute butt kissing.
Bring back Wildcat Carl Arky!

ps - great technical work on the coach interview. :wall:

Well, I think the Wildcats defense played tough. The U was certainly content to run out 2nd half and not run up the score. Only one defensive TD given up in 2nd half. I thought the holding call on the Bankston 30 yard run following Utes opening 2nd half drive was petty.

I know the Utes defense is tough, but Weisser certainly doesn’t look to be progressing for a fourth year junior. Can the Wildcats win with rushing and defense alone? Not sure if they can vs Montana State and Idaho.

I’m holding out hope he can start making strides, but not overly optimistic he will. Cooper is more of a rushing QB, so not sure how that would help the pass…just might take pressure of the RBs. Otherwise it’s to a very young QB. Not sure how things will unfold, but I know Mental being a former QB will only have so much patience with a lack of production at that spot. Of course might have to ride it out for as long as the playoffs are a possibility.

Latest posts

Back