• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

Weber State at Idaho State

Chex

I think the Bengals are the favorite to win this game. It’s a winnable game, but the Wildcats still commit many mistakes and penalties, and I see no reason for that not to continue. I like Munoz, but I hope he sits out one of these last 3 games so he doesn’t waste eligibility on this year.

My prediction: Bengals 35 Wildcats 31

Chex said:
I think the Bengals are the favorite to win this game. It’s a winnable game, but the Wildcats still commit many mistakes and penalties, and I see no reason for that not to continue. I like Munoz, but I hope he sits out one of these last 3 games so he doesn’t waste eligibility on this year.

My prediction: Bengals 35 Wildcats 31
That could certainly happen. ISU is experiencing a rebirth of sorts and we have been quite inconsistent lately, for what ever reason you want to throw out there.

On the plus side, we may be getting some key contributors back from injury. We won't be getting Bankston back. The injury to his foot will keep him out for the rest of the season. However, it sounds like we will get Williams back and that is big. We may akso be getting our top receiver, Sharp, back from injury. There is also a chance that we will see our 3* RB, Givens, who was injured before the season started.

Our defense will have a chance to shine, in this one. The ball will be in the air a lot and a few interceptions can go a long ways. If our battered D line can get some presure on ISU's QBs our DBs will have some opportunities. I'm also expecting our own QB play to continue to improve each week.

I see this game as a toss up. It's really only about pride and progressing for next year. Out of the last 39 times we have played ISU in football, ISU has won 3 times. Is this the 4th or will it be just 3 in 40 years? :coffee:

Sitting him to save a year of eligibility for future games at WSU probably won’t matter. The FCS and G5 teams are basically developmental leagues for higher levels. The days of star players staying at Weber for 4 full seasons are done. NIL and the transfer portal are transforming the system.
The best strategy is to get all you can out of a player before he transfers and pick up players in the portal from the FBS looking for playing time. Sucks but this is the new reality of pro (aka college) sports.

Waldo said:
Sitting him to save a year of eligibility for future games at WSU probably won’t matter. The FCS and G5 teams are basically developmental leagues for higher levels. The days of star players staying at Weber for 4 full seasons are done. NIL and the transfer portal are transforming the system.
The best strategy is to get all you can out of a player before he transfers and pick up players in the portal from the FBS looking for playing time. Sucks but this is the new reality of pro (aka college) sports.

You are definitely right about the new rules. I’d probably still sit him one game this year. If he’s gonna transfer this offseason, one game won’t matter. Sometimes players get that they’d rather play at FCS than be third string at FBS like Barron is…but a lot don’t.

It will be hard to build a program as you basically will have to get basically a new team every year. NCAA obviously cares more for money than the individual’s education, but money corrupting things is nothing new.

Glad to see Munoz getting a chance to build some confidence.

Although, maybe our best offensive play of the year, came from a really bad pass interference call.

Defense played great. Offense had more stretches of good play. Munoz is improving…missed a lob pass over a defender for an easy TD, but noticed improvement. Kicking game missed two FGs, so that could improve. Better discipline. Congratulations on the win.

Honestly, if they didn’t drop the UC Davis game, they’d have a chance to go 7-4 but at least go 6-5. If they played Munoz vs NAU, they might have had a chance to win that game. With the players Hill took, and the injuries they have had, it’s not hard to see why they struggled.

Mental should have a good chance next year to get his offensive system executing if he continues to run it. If he can do that, they could be back to contention for playoffs.

We will see if they can build off this game and get a win at home next week. That would build some confidence in going forward.

A lot of things can and will change over a year, but we are starting to see a little potential now. Next year we will be totally rebuilding the O line, but almost all of the other contributors will be back. On the defensive side we also get a large share of the contributors back. I feel like we can and should be expecting an overall improvement. Much will depend on O line development and recruiting, DB development and recruiting, and getting all of our running backs healthy and ready to go.

From the looks of things, our passing game should be improved.

If you noticed, Tiger, another of our freshmen QBs, got in for a few plays at ISU. He didn't get to pass, but he looked good on his feet. He looks more quick footed than Richie.
We didn't yet get to see Major Givens at RB, but we may see him in the last two games.

I thought that this ISU game would be a toss up. The difference was our D holding them to -30 yards rushing and slowing their pass game down enough to get the win. With their new coach, ISU will be more of a challenge in the years to come.

I still feel that coach Mental would be doing himself a huge favor by hiring an OC. He could still have all the input he needs. :clap: :clap:

CrazyJ said:
Glad to see Munoz getting a chance to build some confidence.

Although, maybe our best offensive play of the year, came from a really bad pass interference call.
I didn't see it that way, but I've heard that same thing said by a couple of people. I went back and watched that play over and over again, and I still say that it was clearly pass interferance. The ball was catchable, the defender never turned to look for the ball, and the defender was raking the arms and hands of the receiver as the ball was in the air, but not yet in the hands or near the receiver. You don't have to hit the receiver, you just have to interfere with his ability to attemp to catch the ball without going for it yourself. It is a subjective call and there were some others in that game that coud have been called, but were not because the official did not see it that way. There is a lot that goes into that call. I think the official got it right. You could also look at the targetting call earlier in the game. That is another subjective call. At least in that one they had the replay booth to help them out. It still wasn't as obvious as one might think. All in all, I feel that our officials do a good job. The only ones who call or play a perfect game are us fans. :kisswink:

Latest posts

Back