• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

Watched Them All

CrazyJ

Attended the Weber game Thursday with several former players, including me.

Plus watched Montana, Montana St and Sacramento St.

Weber didn’t have NEARLY the same competition, and it showed.

If it wasn’t for our picks, that game, against D2 competition, would have been much closer.

O line was weak. Very weak. We have a top notch runner, Josh, and he should have ripped off several long plays, but he was hit early so couldn’t get there.

D looked good except for the out of control d-lineman who hurt us with penalties.

I’m telling you, if the offensive doesn’t pick it up, we’re in for a LONG season. QB play is sub-par.

I share your concerns. Montana and Montana State are very tough games. I think Portland State and UC Davis on the road are very challenging. EWU and Sac State at home are challenging as well. It’s not the fifth toughest FCS schedule for nothing…probably would have been first if JMU remained instead of Western Oregon. If the offense doesn’t improve, I can see five conference losses and a losing record.

Like you say, take the picks away and it’s closer, and if Western Oregon gets the picks they should have had on a couple of Barron’s passes, and it may have been a competitive game.

Here’s hoping they can shake off that bad game and get it figured out. We should know a lot more in the next three games.

Sure bet after the 55-0 beat down from Alabama, the Aggies are wanting to apply the same to the Wildcats. Heard alot about the usual differences in play execution from the 1st game to the second...but in this case it just might take from the 2nd to the 3rd game. Coach Hill spoke well of the work in process improvements needed in the offense and sounded confident if the right fixes are made. Holding judgement, having a little patience, till a few games in might be wise here. :coffee:

I watched most of the game between Sac and the team formerly known as Dixie. Bothe the Honey Bees and the Slavers had good O, but both of their defenses were horrible. We play both of those teams and I can't wait to see what our D will do to them. Our O can surely do well against their Ds.

I watched some of the EWU game and was not overly impressed. Like has been said, they coud get a lot better over the next few games.

The MSU/MSU game was hard fought on both sides. MSU will be a tough out for everyone this year. Our D will have their hands full.

Montana looked sharp and they will also be a hard out.

UI looks to be better than last year and so does CPSLO. we don't play either of them.

ISU and UNCo look about the same.

I have not seen NAU play yet.

I think we look a little better than last years version as well. :coffee:

Latest posts

Back