• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

That School up North

oldrunner

ISU beat us on our home floor a few short weeks ago. It was not our worst loss of the seasn, but it was bad to have it happen on our home floor.

Now we are headed to an oportunity to get things back in order up in Pocatello. ISU is an improved team. Their record right now doesn't show it, but they are competitive in every game. They had EWU on the ropes and just couldn't quite finish it off. I expect that this will be the same dog fight that it usually is against the Bengals. The strength of this team is in the front court of Parker and Huie. However, from what I have seen, they are the most dangerouse when their guards are hitting outside shots. Early in the season they were turning the ball over quite a bit, but seem to have cleaned that up recently.

Not sure what our defensive approach will be for this game, but if their guards are hitting shots, I wouldn't expect too much doubling in the post.

Last years game up there was a classic 2OT game, with DJ driving the length of the floor for a contested layup for the win.

I will be there and hope to see a few additional Wildcat fans make the trip. :coffee:

It will be a very tough game as it always is. I’m hoping the Wildcats play high intensity defense and mix up some full court press coverage to keep them involved. They will need to drive and slash to the basket and play an inside out game to be successful on offense. This is big for the Wildcats push to get to second place.

ISU will be a challenge. Their big man (Parker) is legit. Hope the three headed monster of Tew Tamba Revaz can contain him, otherwise it will take another Dillon miracle to pull it off in double OT.

I also want to give the coaching staff a major compliment. The season was in serious jeopardy three weeks ago. They took the risk of calling out players and addressing the situation and are now seeing a big turnaround.
:clap:

Well, the Wildcats don’t match up with the Bengals. Parker and Tomley were dominant. I honestly expected a close game, but Wildcats got handled.

Just gotta hope they don’t meet the Bengals in the Tournament. It’s as wide open as I’ve seen…Wildcats will have to do better on the boards, on defense, and find their shooting touch.

Latest posts

Back