• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

South Dakota State Wednesday

oldrunner

The Jackrabbits are picked to be one of the top teams in their league. They have a quality win at Wichita State, by 10 points. They also have a 13 point loss to Wyoming at a nuetral site tournament. Their football team will be playing for the National FCS Championship in Frisco, Texas next Sunday against Montana.

I'm not sure how our guys will approach this game, given the timing of it, but this looks to be a quality mid major program that would rival most of the top teams in the BSC. I think we will play to win, but it certainly isn't the kind of pressure we would expect from a BSC game. I would expect that both teams will go into this the same way. It will be a good game, but emotions will be more relaxed.

I feel that we need to view this as just more preparation for BSC games, nothing more. :coffee:

The next two games will be interesting to see how they do. I like the balanced scoring and defense lately. I think they should come out with a win on Wednesday, but South Dakota State will not be easy. Interesting to see how these two conferences will match up.

Just a couple of hours now. I'm getting a little excited for this game. I have a feeling that both teams will come out relaxed and ready to go. No pressure of a conf, game or seeding of any sort. The teams will want to run what they normally do, but with maybe a little less restriction. I think this game will be hard fought, but flow much better.

It may also be a chance for either side to run a few more gadget plays.

Hope we get a good crowd. :coffee:

Very entertaining game. Jackrabbits would not go away, but Jones hit clutch last shot. I will be interested to see how they do at Oral Roberts. Go Wildcats!

Chex said:
Very entertaining game. Jackrabbits would not go away, but Jones hit clutch last shot. I will be interested to see how they do at Oral Roberts. Go Wildcats!
Yes, that was a great game to see in person. Two well coached teams, each with potential NBA players, both with strong big men, both with good shooters, both playing good defense, and well officiated. 5 or 6 pro scouts in attendance probably perked up all of the players. The game had runs by both teams, comebacks by both, and a last second, game winning shot. I'm not sure there is much else to want in a game.

Verplanken had his worst shooting game, probably of his life, but it didn't stop us. Jones, Threatt, and Koehler were sensational. Tew and Revaz played really tough defense all game long.

Now it is off to Oklahoma to take on Oral Roberts and their 21 game, home winning streak. ORU is fresh off a road win against Montana State. MSU didn't look anything like the looked against us. We will get everybodies best game from here on out.

GO WILDCATS!

Latest posts

Back