• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

Scouting PSU

oldrunner

In many ways, PSU is similar to EWU. PSU has a QB who is athletic, can run, and can toss it around if given time to do so. PSU can move the ball and score if given room to do it. The problems that PSU has had are on the other side of the ball. They are vunerable to the run game and their secondary is quite average. They give up a lot of points. However, you really don't want to get in a shoot out with them.

To beat this team you need to keep their O off the field as much as possible and run the ball a lot against them.

They are vulnerable on special teams. There should be a lot of return yardage. I wouldn't be surprised to see some good run backs on kicks. Against Montana, their kickoffs were coming down at about the 20 yard line. Punts were only slightly better.

They play at a HS field, so the environment for this game will suck. However, we have been used to playing at SUU, so that will be nothing new.

Although we should win and are favored by over two TDs, I never feel secure with road games in the BSC. 45 - 24 Wildcats.

Last year’s loss vs the Vikings basically ended the playoffs hope for the Wildcats. There should be motivation to pay them back. Weber’s offense left the D on the field too much, and Portland State was able to develop a lead and things spiraled down from there.

Weber State’s offense is much improved. I agree with Oldrunner. Wildcats need to run successfully run the ball and sustain some long drives. That should wear the Vikings D, and give the Wildcats D opportunities for quick shutdowns. I think Weber State wins 34-20.

Absolute domination from the opening kick. At no point did Portland’s offense threaten us and the offense was clicking. Bronson has grown so much this season, I want to give him a shout out because I’ve been critical at times.

Really bummed about the Hadley injury, wishing him a quick recovery.

The Dan said:
Absolute domination from the opening kick. At no point did Portland’s offense threaten us and the offense was clicking. Bronson has grown so much this season, I want to give him a shout out because I’ve been critical at times.

Really bummed about the Hadley injury, wishing him a quick recovery.

Agree on all your takes. Bronson was showing precise accuracy on passes. He’s really growing and I think Mental’s scheme is fantastic and helping him with his abilities. The Hadley injury looked awful. Tough dude to walk off the field.

Only thing to clean up was the amount of penalties.

It’s a big game next week! Going to be a real battle. I think Montana plays Sac State…that will be a big one, too.

We rubbed out the Viks.

Now we need a good week of prep for the northern Cats, the Bobs. They look to be the best we have seen so far. Two running QBs and a good #1 RB. They can pass a bit as well, but that is not what has been winning games for them. D line and LBs will be key in this one. It should be a good game. :coffee:

Latest posts

Back