• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

PSU & Sac this week

oldrunner

We get a chance to prove that the earlier disaster of a road trip was an anomaly. We have started to play better lately, so we will see. I think we will get the job done with better, more consistent defense and rebounding.

PSU has one of the oldest teams in the country and one of the most athletic teams in the BSC. They can hurt you if you don't stop their dribble drive and they have been shooting better from the outside lately.

Sac has a PF, Powell, who is a load to guard for our post players, due to his quickness and skill around the basket. They also have the SF who transferred from USU, Hamoda, who can score at all levels. They have a freshman PG, Skytta, who has come on strong for them after coming off the bench for most of the pre-season.

These teams have contrasting styles of play, so defensive adjustments have to be made for each.

We are the worst team in the BSC....we are getting worse every game....There just doesn't seem to be any plan on offense for us....no cutters, no plays to get Powell the ball or Hamoda or Patterson....nothing for you to worry about, even if you come out flat...we'll hang around until you get it figured out....I'm so over the way our team has played, I really don't care anymore...If you don't absolutely crush us, it's your own fault.....

sacstateman said:
We are the worst team in the BSC....we are getting worse every game....There just doesn't seem to be any plan on offense for us....no cutters, no plays to get Powell the ball or Hamoda or Patterson....nothing for you to worry about, even if you come out flat...we'll hang around until you get it figured out....I'm so over the way our team has played, I really don't care anymore...If you don't absolutely crush us, it's your own fault.....
Sac surely does have the worst record in the BSC at this point. Worst team??? I don't know. Sac certainly has the talent to beat anyone on a given night and beat us earlier in the season. I don't think we can relax against anybody in our league. We will have to show up with our good defense and hope that we can keep their stars from going off on us. UI and Sac are at the bottom right now and that is probably about where they should be by how they have played. Out of those two, I would say that Sac has the best talent and that UI is playing the better team ball.

PSU is the deepest in athletes and oldest team in the league. They are another team that should be doing better. They have also proven to be able to beat anyone on a given night, but are not consistent in their play.

I don't think that any of our coaches or players are taking these games lightly. We will be up to play these guys on the flip side. :coffee:

oldrunner said:
sacstateman said:
Sac surely does have the worst record in the BSC at this point. Worst team??? I don't know. Sac certainly has the talent to beat anyone on a given night and beat us earlier in the season. I don't think we can relax against anybody in our league. We will have to show up with our good defense and hope that we can keep their stars from going off on us. UI and Sac are at the bottom right now and that is probably about where they should be by how they have played. Out of those two, I would say that Sac has the best talent and that UI is playing the better team ball.

PSU is the deepest in athletes and oldest team in the league. They are another team that should be doing better. They have also proven to be able to beat anyone on a given night, but are not consistent in their play.

I don't think that any of our coaches or players are taking these games lightly. We will be up to play these guys on the flip side. :coffee:

Nope, we are the worst....We have some talent but it is not used even remotely well....Don't know if we will ever get out of the funk we're in...No way we can beat you again but we may be able to squeeze out a win at ISU cuz they aren't any good either....As I said earlier, we may get a lead, even a big lead but we will give it up and lose....

sacstateman said:
oldrunner said:
sacstateman said:

Nope, we are the worst....We have some talent but it is not used even remotely well....Don't know if we will ever get out of the funk we're in...No way we can beat you again but we may be able to squeeze out a win at ISU cuz they aren't any good either....As I said earlier, we may get a lead, even a big lead but we will give it up and lose....
Don't count out ISU. They started the season in a similar fashion to Sac, but have been getting better all along the way. If their guards start hitting outside shots, you're in trouble. They don't have anyone as talented as Powell in the post, but they are close. Sac is a little longer, but ISU has a bit more beef to them. Size and athleticism goes to Sac. Team play goes to ISU. Probably a close game, unless someone gets hot. :coffee:

Well we exorcised one demon. On to the next.

Sac decided to celebrate Easter early and layed a huge egg up in Pocatello. ISU beat them like a drum 68 - 40. I watched that game. Sac looked like the had some energy for about 5 minutes. After that, they just fell apart.

ISU is playing with renewed confidence and is fighting hard to stay out of the bottom 4, as we head down the stretch.

Not sure how Sac might respond against us on Saturday. If they have any pride, they will play better. :coffee:

oldrunner said:

Sac decided to celebrate Easter early and layed a huge egg up in Pocatello. ISU beat them like a drum 68 - 40. I watched that game. Sac looked like the had some energy for about 5 minutes. After that, they just fell apart.

ISU is playing with renewed confidence and is fighting hard to stay out of the bottom 4, as we head down the stretch.

Not sure how Sac might respond against us on Saturday. If they have any pride, they will play better. :coffee:

I truly doubt that they will play any better....BTW, if you can explain our offense to me please give it a try...I quit trying to figure out what the plan is....

sacstateman said:
oldrunner said:

I truly doubt that they will play any better....BTW, if you can explain our offense to me please give it a try...I quit trying to figure out what the plan is....
If I'm describing Sac's O, I would say that it is an NBA style, action and read sort of approach. In other words, you run an action, like a pick and roll, then you read what the defense is doing and respond. You may have several actions and one or more reactions off of each. It is more free flowing than some other approaches and can be very good if you have the players, with the right mentality, to run it. If you are making the wrong reads, you may end up with a lot of turnovers and bad shots. Defenses prepare for those actions and not set plays. At least that is what it looks like to me. I feel that it takes high IQ players to run it right. :coffee:

I don't know what it is, but we always seem to struggle with playing Sac. To some extent, the same is true with ISU and NAU. Sac seems to get up to play us and we seem to have little interest in playing them. Rebounding is a key example of that. Rebounding is more about attitude than anything else. Sac kicked our butts on the boards. If it wasn't for them having 21 turnovers, they may have won that game.

Boise is going to be a real crap shoot. 4 or 5 teams have a legitimate chance to win it. :coffee:

Latest posts

Back