• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

PSU @ Northern Colorado

VikThunder1

GAME NO. 26
Portland State (18-7, 11-1 BSC) at Northern Colorado (11-13, 4-6 BSC)
Thursday, Feb. 19 - 6:05 p.m. (PT)
Greeley, CO - Butler-Hancock Sports Pavilion

COVERAGE
Video: www.BigSkyTV.org
Audio: www.GoViks.com
Play-by-play: Teri Mariani

http://www.goviks.com/ViewArticle.dbml?temp_site=NO&DB_OEM_ID=19300&ATCLID=3671873

89-71, PSU wins. This time there was no boxing out Kahle - she got 26 points. Cramer played well - until she fouled out. She's got to learn to avoid them, not easy for a center. Jones is playing smoother, game after game a little better. She doesn't have the panache of Faucher, is slower but shoots better. And that's what a shooting guard does. I'd say we have a reasonable chance to beat Montana in Missoula. Either way, it'll be a helluva game.

Not sure I'd say she (jones) shoots better then claire and I think she's really a pg not a 2 guard but can do both as needed..and the panache is great when things go well, frustrating when they don't (then it seems unnecessary!!) Jones is deliberate, Claire is an opportunist, both have their places in the game.

I hope someone gets detailed instruction on how to handle and shut down at least a percentage of Morales. I think defense needs to ratchet up a couple of notches for the entire 40 min :eek: , gotta have help and defend the perimeter, tough for everyone, they will all have to move like lightening to get the job done. And then what is the deal with MSU??? what to do with them, frustrating as "h" to get beat by them over and over...gotta figure those match ups a bit better too.

good luck viks!!! get it done :D

Jones deliberate and Faucher opportunist couldn't be put better. As for Morales, it will be interesting to see if they try double or triple teaming her. I think she'll get her shots regardless. We're going to need 45-50 % shooting in that game. And we can do it.

ya, I think so too!! "it's great to win, greater to play, and greatest to love the game" !! If that is true, things will take care of themselves! ;)

shthdjnsn2009 said:
The stats are interesting...PSU hit 13 free throws to UNC's 30. A little home cooking.

That happened when Montana won in Greeley, too. UNC seemed to draw a foul on near every possession in the second half. They never seriously threatened to win (down 15 at the half), but the game was surprisingly ticky-tack in the second half, particularly for Big Sky women's refs.

Latest posts

Back