• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

2024 Basketball Portal

Big potential loss. Not surprised after he was not with the team in Boise. Felt after watching him play it would be hard to keep him when other programs start offering NIL money.

Big potential loss. Not surprised after he was not with the team in Boise. Felt after watching him play it would be hard to keep him when other programs start offering NIL money.
I think the fact that the team played 10 times better without their leading scorer and rebounder says a lot about him and his role on the team. Everything looked much smoother without him bogging down the ball movement. Guys got more confident with their shot, spacing was improved. Nothing personal, obviously losing a talented player, but I don't think it will hurt us.

Portal entrants I see on Verbal Commits:

Quadry Adams, Jr
Austin Patterson, Jr
Duncan Powell, Soph

Patterson averaged 10 PPG, 3.5 RPG, and was a solid contributor.

That is a bummer on Patterson. If the NCAA could limit to one transfer he and Powell would both be returning. With Patterson I am guessing as a fifth year senior he either figures he can get a little NIL money or maybe just go to a bigger conference. I felt the Big Sky was a good level for his skill set. Another possibility is he was looking at less playing time with all the young players returning and two incoming Australian wings.

I renamed the thread to encompass all the pending portal moves for men's and women's hoops.

I believe Patterson is a grad transfer. He caught fire down the final weeks of the regular season but had a quiet showing in Boise.

It's unfortunate to see a talent like Powell leave, but the hard truth is the team played better with him out of the lineup. That said, his injury was legitimate and I heard he didn't go to Boise because he was still rehabing his knee.

On the women's side, Hansen leaving is devastating. Oriel is also in the portal so that makes 2 starters gone. Very unfortunate. Had they stuck around, I think this team would have been a contender for a title next year. With these departures, we'll be middle of the pack at best.

I expect to see a lot of turnover on the WBB roster as a good number of the Campbell holdovers hit the road for various reasons. We'll see how Kallhoff and his staff handle recruiting and portal additions.

Will have to wait and see on Pitre. He seemed to struggle to get playing time on a bad Pepperdine team. Looks like a downgrade from Powell. As for Silva I donā€™t see him in the portal. Would probably be an upgrade at point guard. Has underperformed so far at Stanford and Long Beach. Would be great to get an all conference caliber transfer, or at least a proven scorer.

Watch Pitre's game against Idaho State when he started and played almost the entire game. This is a big get and a guy who can be dominate against Big Sky competition.

Would like to be proven wrong. Powell led our team in scoring, rebounding, and assists per game. Pitre had a good game against Idaho State, but after a few early seasons games was not in the rotation for a team that did not do well. He is stepping down to a lesser conference and Powell will probably end up a better conference.

I remember when players were not permitted to transfer in conference. I think that was a good rule. Montana needs some three point shooting so not surprising. We also got a transfer within the conference from Idaho. Emmet Neal Jr. He was a transfer from San Francisco City college. Based on his stats and playing time at Idaho I am not expecting much. He has one year left. So far we have traded our best three point shooter, top scorer and rebounder, both starters, for two players that were eighth and ninth in minutes played on bad teams and averaged a combined 9 points. Was really hoping we could find an impact transfer. I think better to take a chance on a top scorer from a D2 rather than bench players from programs not much better than ours. We have no one that can create their own shot and put pressure on the defense. An upgrade at point guard would make a great difference. Guessing our facilities and lack of NIL budget are a big hindrance.

It's unfortunate about Patterson, he was a legit 3 point threat for this team. Powell was a stud on the stat sheet. Both were transfer portal guys and not home grown talent. However, we finished with a paltry 8 regular season wins (2 of which were non-D1 wins) and only a miraculous and unexpected showing in Boise salvaged the season to maintain some tangible respectability for this program at 10 total wins. We sucked...bad.

However there was some young talent that looked to be turning a corner in the final few weeks of the season and into Boise (with Powell out of the lineup). I'd be more concerned if those young developing players decide to bail. I don't see that much of a reason to get overly concerned about defections and changes to this past season's roster given how poorly this team performed for most of the season.

Latest posts

Back