• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

Possible Baseball Lineup

bozar1

Hi all. I thought I'd give you folks a look at what I think the lineup will look like before I post it on my blog. Any knowledgeable comments are much appreciated.

UNC Bears Need a Lot to Improve - Especially Pitching

The Bears had a terrible year in 2014, that is not in dispute. Pitching was really bad at 7.88 as opposing BA was an astounding .343. The staff returns only four and the rotation comes back with nuttin’ honey. The offense, at least, returns the top three hitters so 2015 could see an improvement in production. But, the pitching. Since the pitching staff is bereft of any arms to speak of, the help must be from newbies. Coach Iwasaki brought in a bunch of quick fixes, sometimes called juco transfers. In this case, it was needed. Let’s take a look.

C - Jake Garcia (SO) - .313
1B - Payton Tapia (FR)
2B - Justin Mulvaney (FR)
SS - Ryan Yamane (SR) - .220
3B - Brandon Vaughn (SR) - .265
OF - Jensen Park (SR) - .304 and 4
OF - Jake Ekman (SO) - .289
OF - Cam Huber (FR)
DH - Rob Cashel (JR) - .240

SP - Caleb Kirkman (juco)
SP - Connor Leedholm (SO) - 0-6 and 7.80
SP - Dylan Shiraki (D1 trans)
RP - Justin Mulvaney (FR)

This was tough. As you can see, I have more than a few freshmen and juco transfers in my lineup. As I said above, the pitching staff is mostly gone. Connor Leedholm had eight starts so he’s got the experience but his numbers are not good. The incoming guys who I figure to start look ok but not great at their previous teams. I wouldn’t be surprised if coach really juggles with starters in the rotation until someone proves he can do it from one start to the next. The lineup is ok at best. Garcia, Park, and Ekman appear to be solid players. First base, second base, and an outfield position are vacated and need some new blood as I saw little to inspire a start. Coach sees them every day so his decision is based on what he sees and mine is guess work for the most part. This could be another tough year. For real starts Friday in San Jose.

Latest posts

Back