• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

Portal Transfer 2024

He’s getting looks at freaking Ohio State. Even a slight chance playing football at a program like that, you enter the portal. That’s a life changing opportunity on NIL exposure alone.

I don’t blame him. And if it doesn’t work out after the visit, I’d be happy to have him back.
It’s good for Sac State if he goes to a top FBS school and does well (hopefully it’s at Ohio St and not somewhere like a lower fbs like San Jose St). My point is that you can’t have someone on your team that is always one foot in one foot out. Won a playoff game without him, Sac St will be ok. Though this doesn’t bode well for keep our best seniors moving forward, especially after this last NFL draft, Big Sky was down.

This is just the new normal, it's going to be a lot like NFL free agency. Sac State hasn't been hit that hard so far, to be honest, compared to other FCS teams.

Guys either want to be on a bigger program late in their career, or maybe they get passed up by a younger players on the depth chart in the spring and see the writing on the wall. Sac seems to like to play a lot of guys, maybe guys are looking for more PT. This is why having an established system with lots of depth will be huge moving forward. Teams are going to be wildly different year to year.
Exactly. The portal is a net positive for our programs and others that are at the same level. If players can go elsewhere and get paid, more power to them. The challenge will be on the coaches who will now have to spend time recruiting the current roster in addition to bringing in new players. It is what it is.

Latest posts

Back