• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

Northern Colorado

oldrunner

This game couldn't have come at a better time. It should be good for our guys to get away from home and be able to clear their heads, concentrate on the task at hand, and clean up all the things that need cleaning. My thoughts are that it is usually easier to get those things done with road games.

Northern Colorado has not won a game yet. However, they have a couple of quick little RBs who can hurt you if you let them go untouched through your DL. If you can stop that run game and force them into passing situations, they will give you oportunities to get a turn over.

Their new coach, Ed Lamb, will get that program turned around. I'm just hoping it is not against us.

If we just play our average game, we come out on top. However, we have shown that we have the ability to underperform.

I don't know what my expectations are after that last game. I'm hoping that was a fluke.

If the offense can’t make big strides in this game, it could be a very rough year. I do think our offense is one-dimensional, so teams are going to force the Wildcats to have success passing. I don’t know what to think. I’ll pick Wildcats 28-17.

Is that bad that I don’t really care about this game nor the season anymore??? I was nervous with Hill bailing and stealing our best DB’s with him that our defense would suffer, but now it’s obvious that the offense and Mental are just as bad!! I’ve been a season ticket holder for almost 20 years and told myself that this year would be the last, and with the obvious decline in both sides of the ball this only reinforces why I am ready to move on. I love Weber State but unfortunately it’ll never be able to win a National Championship because of bigger schools around the state, coaches not being good enough nor wanting to stay long term, and a lack of elite recruiting that can put us over the top. With Hill I’m afraid Weber peaked and we have begun the decline back to the Sears days again. The performance against MSU was pitiful and just crushed any enthusiasm with the fan base they hoped to maintain, and Weber proved elite teams will dominate them like days of old. This loss and the soon to be drubbing against Idaho will only diminish recruiting enthusiasm as well. It was great while it lasted but this fan is realistic in where we’re headed. All that said Weber should win easy like 35-10 but it’ll prove nothing again since they’re playing a shitter.

@GoCatsGo, I feel your pain. There's enough disappointment in my 45ish years watching and supporting this program to not be discouraged if not flat out depressed watching that performance last week, having endured some of the historically bad teams. Honestly, I never thought Weber Football could find the success they've enjoyed in the Hill era, but even through that period the offense has rarely shined to the level of being excited game in and game out about the offense. I feel like the transfer portal and other changes in recent years has made it even more difficult for teams like Weber to compete, especially with the quality FBS teams so close. Hill did a fantastic job turning the program around and building a strong program despite these challenges. However, as Weber may have peaked with Hill, Hill may have also peaked a couple years ago with what he was capable of doing with these challenges. I mean the defense took a hit with Hill's departure but I don't think the offense would have been any different. I still hope they can remain competitive and that game or even this season is not an indicator of slide back to the days of Weber Suck Football. I can still watch and enjoy quality, competitive Weber State Foolball, even if the losses pile up. However, if those losses come at the expense of @ss kickings like vs MSU or simply not being able to compete in the BSC, I don't think I can ride out my remaining years wasting time on that.

I believe we’re solid in every phase of the game except QB.

But we also gave up once it was clear our QB couldn’t even hit the layups.

Coach Mental is at an early crossroads and it’s hardcore:

1. Can he pull the trigger, mid-season, on a new QB? Don’t we have some (a) 3 star QB’s sitting on the bench?

2. The quit, last week, at home, in front of an ACTUAL crowd was a VERY bad sign. Can Coach Mental 180 that and re-establish the culture of toughness that Hill bequeathed him?

I don’t think it’s more complicated than that.

Well, ready or not, we are in a game today with a team that is hungry for a first win in a long while. I'm just hoping that we can clean up some of the mistakes we have been making in all fazes of the game. We can absolutely not take anybody lightly. If they stay with Weisser at QB, then I hope they call routes that are easy for him to hit. On the other hand, why not just run it all day long? If we do a lot of running, why not try some of our other QBs for a few drives? I'd kind of like to see what our 3* QBs sitting on the bench can do in a game. I know they are young, but they are also talented. Get them a little time. They can play in 4 games and still not lose their red shirt year. Play em.

Defensively, we need to clean up our run D. We gave up way too many big running playes against MSU. UNCo has some quick little runners who can hurt you if you let them through the D line. If we don't stop them, we could be beaten again.

I'm hoping we do clean it all up. :clap:

So much for an easy win. Guess when Jay flew the coop that he not only took our defense with him but also our heart and toughness!! This team is absolutely pathetic. Our coaching staff on defense is atrocious and this is the end of great Weber State football. Back to being conference doormats again.

Zero heart!!!! All the defensive coaches should be fired immediately!!!! Secondary is beyond pathetic and the front 4 can’t rush to save their life!! Goodbye Weber. No more of my money will be spent supporting this bullshit!!

THE ACTUAL F ARE WE DOING!! Did we even have a game plan? This dumpster fire is completely on your coaching staff.

If Mental is going to hitch his wagon to Weisser, it may be a short stint for him. I’d rather take lumps with a prospect freshman than a fourth or fifth year junior.

Thank God UNC decided to throw the ball after Weisser’s pick into double coverage. Escaped with a win. Weisser was 15/29 three interceptions…in the long run, might have been better to get a loss if it got any other QBs playing time. Oh well. Congratulations to the defense; running game, and special teams (minus the missed 34 yard FG) for rescuing the pathetic passing play.

What a depressing win. We’re not a playoff team, it’s time to try a new QB. A new QB won’t cover the holes we have at RB, WR, and in the secondary, but I know for a fact our current QB isn’t taking us anywhere.

On the plus side, we worked through some of the funk/maliase that has been hanging over the team for the last two weeks. Maybe we can start the process of impoving once again.

The schedule doesn't get a lot easier until the end of the season. We still have a ton to clean up. :yikes:

Latest posts

Back