• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

Northern Arizona

Chex

Well game day is tomorrow with a beautiful Fall day on tap. Let’s hope the Wildcats can play a full game…they will need to. I read the article in the Standard-Examiner and found it interesting that NAU switched QBs in their Utah Tech game and had a mini rally. They then beat Montana at home and had Sac State on the ropes on the road before throwing a pick in the end zone to let the Hornets escape with a win.

I’d like to be optimistic, but the last couple of games minus three minutes has given me nothing to give me reason:..and that was the defense bailing out the offense. The stubbornness of Mental not to get a look at another QB is I think has created a bit of a mess. Not even a few drives down by 30??? I hope Weisser figures it out and has some amazing games coming up, but I don’t think a junior is going to make a lot of strides at this point.

I think NAU takes the Red Rock Trophy (or whatever it’s called) home 34-17.

I really hope you are wrong, but fear that you are not.

One more horrible game and I think the coaches will be forced to look elsewhere for production. I don't think a one dimensional game wins the day against the Ax Men. I could be wrong and we run all over them, I don't know. Our RB room, which was full at the beginning of the season, is looking quite depleted right about now. We will certainly need a stellar performance from the O line and defense. In fact the defence is what might give us the best chance. NAU's QB tends to throw floaters on his longer passes. We could get some interceptions. Their kicker has a very returnable ball and their own return game is not stellar.

What I'm looking for in this one is for us to win the turn over battle and some good returns from Williams.

Their D line is stout and inside runs were not successful for Sac. The longer running plays were on the edges and bounce outs.

We can expect several gadget plays. They ran about 5 of them against Sac. We need to be on our toes. If we are, we can turn them over.

I'm expecting a fun game. :coffee:

Mental is going to lose the locker room, if he already hasn’t, If he doesn’t make a qb change. Unbelievable.

I guess Mental is going to ride Weisser and the program back into the cellar. He is so bad! Not that he's had any help from the line, but he is just awful. As inept as the offense has been, it's worse seeing the body language of several players, especially in the secondary. I watched the game and still have no idea how UNI was able to crap that game away. :eek:hno:

shelMr said:
Mental is going to lose the locker room, if he already hasn’t, If he doesn’t make a qb change. Unbelievable.

Mental has lost the locker room for sure. Why battle if you are going to keep putting in a QB who clearly is not up for the task. The scheme isn’t that great either. Those screen passes that lose 5 yards a shot is one of his favorite play calls.

If I was a QB on the depth chart, I’d hit the portal immediately…no reason to stick around if you don’t get any playing time after these three debacles.

The Wildcats might have a chance at Idaho State (doubt it) and maybe Cal Poly….other than that it will be an exhibition of Weisser throwing a ball that doesn’t land within 5 yard of the receiver if it’s 15 yards or more deep.

NAU coach knew to just keep playing it safe and punting back to make Weisser try and beat them. Northern Colorado tried to pass for unknown reasons and gave the game away.

I left at halftime knowing the second half would be a disaster.

Mental is clearly not up to snuff and will not outlast Weisser’s eligibility if he sticks with him. NAU is doing well because they made a QB change. Mental keeps handing the keys to the guy who crashes the car in the ditch.

That refereeing crew was hideous and sucked something awful…not that it would have changed anything…but they are inept…maybe a move to the WAC wouldn’t be bad if you didn’t have to deal with that clown show all the time.

Program is back to the doldrums. The kettle corn was good though.

Another THUD! Undisciplined penalties, lame offense, even some slip-ups on defense/special team play. Got a lot to fix? Really? Well, the list is growing not shrinking! Coach's after game interview: "...got to get on schedule...players do your job..." frankly sounds lame, sounds befuddled. :eek:hno:

Coach Mental is beginning to remind this fan of another recent BB HC who let stubbornness and lack of good adjustments throw his program into a decline! Oh well, with 5 games left looks like the Wildcats will struggle to avoid a losing record and back to the playoffs being a distant dream. :cry:

Don't mean to pile on but this fan left tonight's game early & mad & wasn't just me. SAD!

Latest posts

Back