• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

Navajo Tech school of cosmetology

oldrunner

Well, this could get out of hand early. These guys just lost to Adams State 79-71 on a neutral site. I just watched that game start to finish. There is a couple of hours I can never get back. Anyway, it should give us a chance to get some things worked out and get our younger guys a lot of time.

It is hard to look real good against a team like this. They have a bunch of small guys who jump in and slap at everything. The officials could foul them all out in the first half if they wanted to. I'm sure that they will not do that, so we will just come out with a lot of bumps and bruises'.

If you are inclined to see some poor basketball, poor officiating, and poor coaching. Here is that game on YouTube. :yikes:

https://www.bing.com/videos/riverview/relatedvideo?q=navajo+tech+basketball+video&mid=94A69E5C4B03C69A646494A69E5C4B03C69A6464&FORM=VIRE

The Dan said:
Who scheduled this game and why?
We didn't want this game at all. All of the teams we were negotiating with, for that time slot, backed out when they got the news Dillon was returning. We also wanted to get the two non-conf. games that are scheduled in January, moved to this time slot. We were told no by the BSC comish. We didn't want to go two weeks without a game, hence, this was all we could get. It sucks, nobody wanted it, but we have it. We just have to make the best of a bad situation. We are certainly not the only mid major to be going through this. It's a problem accross the country. The NCAA, conf. comishioners, coaches and atletic directors need to get together and do something about it. It's a problem that could be fixed. The P4s of the world just want to purchase their 20 win seasons, get into the dance and take all the money they can get out of the NCAA and the smaller schools.

Okay. That's enough time up on my soap box. :coffee:

Well, better to have a game than not. Anyone know where any deals are located? I stay off the social media platforms as for the most part they are a giant waste of time and resources and could very well be the downfall of the Constitutional Republic we enjoy…for now. I definitely wouldn’t take the family and pay full price for a game like this.

I think there was some sort of a three game deal going. IMHO, the best deal for a fairly good price is the family season ticket deal. The last time I purchased one of those for my son and his family, it seems like it was way less than $5 per seat, per game. Seems like it was two adults and up to 5 children for one low price.

Here is what I would like to see in this game. Dillon, Steven, and Alex to get about 15 minutes. Dyson, Blaise, and KJ to get about 20 minutes. The rest of the minutes spread between the rest of those not red shirting. I'm hoping that Arnoud is ready to play a little. We may need him down the line. It has been reported that he is the best offensive big man we have in the low post. We also need to get Marko, Loui and Viljami more comfortable and hitting their shots. They can really shoot it. Getting them comfortable under the lights can really help us down the road.

I would also like to see a few gadget plays/defenses that may or may not be used in other games. Have some fun with it. :coffee:

That game went exactly like I thought it would. The only surprise was Dillon sitting out. I guess the turf toe needed a little rest. I'm sure it will be just fine next week for UVU. It was good to see Marko, Loui, Viljame, and others get extended minutes and find their rhythm. Arnaud saw his first minutes of the season and looked good. He is definately going to help us win some BSC games down the road. We had smiles on everyone's faces and that is a good reason to appreciate a game like this. We have some great road games coming up and one more poor opponent before BSC games start up.

My guess is that preparation for the Montana schools hitting Ogden after Christmas has already begun. It's not all of what we are practicing for, but little bits of defensive concepts are inserted into practice here and there. That way, when the actual game week prep is on, there is nothing new, just refining concepts already hit on earlier in the season.

I'm really liking the direction this team is heading. :coffee:

Latest posts

Back