• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

Montana

Waldo2

Time to turn the page.

Montana will be desperate for a win. If they lose to Weber and Montana State, they are out of the playoffs.

What are their strengths? Weakness?

Weber is favored by about 4 points.

With the FCS’s preference of Montana and a bigger pay date, they will definitely get in at 7-4…I wouldn’t even be surprised if they snuck them in at 6-5 as a bubble team.

I think my original impression is a desperate Montana has the edge over a deflated and bumbling Weber State.

I am just trying to convince myself into picking the Wildcats.

um flat out isn't that good, you will dominate this game. They can't run the ball for crap and your secondary is way better than MSU's, their offense will have a lot of 3 and outs, leaving their defense on the field most of the game, the blitz heavy scheme will be open to quick passes and power runs. This one isn't even close.

I expect a barnburner in the UI@SAC game, I'm picking UI with the upset unless Scatebo has 30+ carries.

I'm excited to see how the Cats respond to last weeks kerfuffle. A loss like that can affect a team weeks after the game. Weber needs to forget about last Saturday and focus on Montana. There is still a lot of football left to be played. I foresee MSU going undefeated. I just don't see anyone on their schedule who can beat them. SO, Weber is playing for a playoff seed, a high national ranking, and home field advantage in the playoffs. One week at a time! Just win baby!

Time to shake it off. New week, new foe. Let's prove that last week was an aberration and take it to the U of M. Should be a good crowd, lets not let the Griz fans out cheer us.

GO WILDCATS!

Couldn’t make it out to the game, but listened to it on radio. As soon as the Wildcats went up 24-13, I thought as long as the Wildcats didn’t give up a kickoff return TD, it was over. Credit the offense and the running game for never giving Montana a chance to get the ball back after the return TD. Nice bounce back win. Sets up a big game with Sac State. It will be interesting to see how the Idaho/Sac State turns out later tonight. Gotta hope Idaho and Montana State trip up one game, but i wouldn’t be surprised if neither do and share a title with 8-0 conference records. Wildcats just have to take care of business and hope for some help.

Loved how we wore that defense out and ran the ball down their throats to seal the game. That is an elite run D and we just kept chipping away.

We dodged a bullet with their QB out and O’Connell getting hurt but we also had some dudes out. Held them to 114 yards which is insane. Very few receivers can threaten our secondary which makes life so hard on opposing offenses. Need those pass rushers to keep developing and playing like they did today.

cats2506 said:
um flat out isn't that good, you will dominate this game. They can't run the ball for crap and your secondary is way better than MSU's, their offense will have a lot of 3 and outs, leaving their defense on the field most of the game, the blitz heavy scheme will be open to quick passes and power runs. This one isn't even close.

I expect a barnburner in the UI@SAC game, I'm picking UI with the upset unless Scatebo has 30+ carries.

Not so.... Wildcat's offense looked like they were in first gear for a lot of the game... couldn't get much spark going. Definitely a defensive struggle, nice to see the long snapper rebound with a good game (snapped out of it :thumb: ).

Yes, they did just win baby, great, but either UM is not so bad or Weber needs to pick it up on offense to be competitive with the Hornets next week some of us fans thought at the end of this one :twocents:

First off, that's the best D we have faced this year, so far. Their D is only second to ours.

Secondly, we ran the ball when everyone in the stadium, everyone on both teams, and everyone in the universe knew we were going to do it and still did it successfully against a very good D.

Our O wasn't stellar, but it was pretty darn good. Our D was very good for most of the game. STs were good, with the exception of the KO return.

I agree that the announcers for the ESPN+ coverage were less than adequate, but who really cares?

Sac beat UI on a late 4th qtr drive 31-28. Sac looks quite beatable. It will be the best O against the best D next week. Should be a good one.

cats2506 said:

Whoops. :lol:

Good, dominating win Weber fans, always a good day when the Griz lose. :nod: :clap:
Should be a tough one for us this week.

oldrunner said:
First off, that's the best D we have faced this year, so far. Their D is only second to ours.

Secondly, we ran the ball when everyone in the stadium, everyone on both teams, and everyone in the universe knew we were going to do it and still did it successfully against a very good D.

Our O wasn't stellar, but it was pretty darn good. Our D was very good for most of the game. STs were good, with the exception of the KO return.

I agree that the announcers for the ESPN+ coverage were less than adequate, but who really cares?

Sac beat UI on a late 4th qtr drive 31-28. Sac looks quite beatable. It will be the best O against the best D next week. Should be a good one.

Shoddy play calling let Idaho back in the game, but credit to Idaho, they are the real deal this year and I expected a close game. I expect a lot of power running plays by Weber this week. Hornet running game has been phenomenal recently, but our passing attack has been faltering. Should be a good game, Weber is the only BSC program Taylor has not beaten...Weber is also the only BSC loss. No road BSC losses under Taylor and no wins over Weber under his tenure, something has to give this week. This game will be worth the price of admission.

SDHornet said:
oldrunner said:

Shoddy play calling let Idaho back in the game, but credit to Idaho, they are the real deal this year and I expected a close game. I expect a lot of power running plays by Weber this week. Hornet running game has been phenomenal recently, but our passing attack has been faltering. Should be a good game, Weber is the only BSC program Taylor has not beaten...Weber is also the only BSC loss. No road BSC losses under Taylor and no wins over Weber under his tenure, something has to give this week. This game will be worth the price of admission.

Both the Wildcats and Hornets have come a long way since Jody Sears served as coach. It should be a very tightly contested game. Early weather forecast calls for rain/snow mix and a high of 45 degrees.

Chex said:
SDHornet said:
oldrunner said:

Both the Wildcats and Hornets have come a long way since Jody Sears served as coach. It should be a very tightly contested game. Early weather forecast calls for rain/snow mix and a high of 45 degrees.
Well, allrighty then. Sac gets to experience what we experienced at MSU. It will make this game even more interesting. We will get a little experience to practice in it over the next few days. :kisswink:

Latest posts

Back