• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

Laird and Katz in Idaho Gear

GreenArmySwarm

https://x.com/coachblaird/status/1692567303265923272?s=46&t=7eKZYCCJxno-L4EHnmiZJw

Coach Laird is now an AHC for Idaho, so it doesn’t really matter to me. But Coach Katz (Hornet lifer) wearing Idaho gear? Smh :eek:hno:

We need to rip on Coach Laird and Coach Katz for Laird sharing Idaho gear with his mentors and friends? Guess we need to check the Davis and Santa Barbara boards to see if they are doing the same to Bob Williams. Great opportunity for Coach Laird. Wishing him all the best.

GreenArmySwarm said:
https://x.com/coachblaird/status/1692567303265923272?s=46&t=7eKZYCCJxno-L4EHnmiZJw

Coach Laird is now an AHC for Idaho, so it doesn’t really matter to me. But Coach Katz (Hornet lifer) wearing Idaho gear? Smh :eek:hno:

It was for a fundraising golf tournament for the program you dumb fuck...

No one is “ripping” on Coach Laird for wearing gear of a university he’s coaching for. Read the message. Coach Katz has no ties to University of Idaho. As someone who actually appreciated his time at THIS university, and took his self proclaimed “Hornet lifer” message to heart, weird seeing him fundraise for a University whose coaching staff actively poach committed recruits from THIS program.

stingthemgood said:
GreenArmySwarm said:

Hope everything is alright. You must be hurt. Seek out help if you need it.

Idaho did not poach any recruits. Sac State pulled his scholarship offer to use for one of their transfers. Such is the world in college sports these days. Let’s hope the transfer turns out to be the better player.

GreenArmySwarm said:
stingthemgood said:
GreenArmySwarm said:

Was he supposed to show up to a University of Idaho golf event he was invited to by a close friend in Sac State gear?

Literally, what did you want? I can call Coach Katz and tell him.

stingthemgood said:
GreenArmySwarm said:
stingthemgood said:
GreenArmySwarm said:

Was he supposed to show up to a University of Idaho golf event he was invited to by a close friend in Sac State gear?

Literally, what did you want? I can call Coach Katz and tell him.

Wear neutral gear, like other coaches who participated in the event did. Not a conference rival. Tell him that if you have his number.

And come back and help “his university” do some fundraising as well. While you have in on the line 😂

Honestly, it’s not even that serious. If you care enough, you can go back to older posts about him leaving. I’ve always been a supporter while others on here might have dragged him through the mud. Not to say he and Laird didn’t deserve it by trying to turn the alums and others affiliated with the school against the new coaching staff and Mark Orr with that awful email. I’ve always said that Katz deserved to go out on his terms for stabilizing the Hornets in the D1 era. So yes, I was disappointed when he goes and fundraise for a conference rival university. As an alum and fan, I get to feel that way.

FWIW, I agree with a lot of your posts. Most folks on here lean a certain way politically and bring it to this board and make it insufferable to talk about sports related things. This..I think, is sports related. And it’s fun.

movielover said:
Coach Laird wouldn't be 1-5, he understood the Hornet campus, coaching, and Sacramento.

You mean 2-5 with the win over the dungpilers tonight. His rosters indicated otherwise. The decision to move on from Laird was the right one.

Laird is back to being a bench coach, which is where he belongs. That's not a knock if you saw how his teams performed as a HC.

Greenteam said:
Not sure why the need to knock Laird. We would not be 7-30 in our last 37 D1 games if he were our coach.

Laird and Katz only need to look at themselves and their incredibly unprofessional behavior at the end of their tenure to understand why Laird didn't get the job.

Laird was very professional during a very challenging season. Orr and Nelson had decided for some unknown reason to move on from Katz. They apparently did not like the high character student athletes that represented the university well and graduated. I believe a big turning point was when all the money was spent on football to bring in Taylor and his staff. It paid big dividends for the football program, but there was a noticeable lack of support for basketball at that point. Just not enough funds to go around and no ability to fundraise.

Latest posts

Back