• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

Jay Hill new DC - BYU

Chex said:
Let me throw a baseless rumor out there. Ken Niumatalolo got fired before he could sit down in the locker room after the Army game. Maybe he has applied?

2.3 million reasons why Ken will be relaxing on a beach next year.

The Dan said:
I need some rumors to chew on while we wait for the announcement!

Something tweeting about on Twitter...Fesi Sitake..."4 Weber Assistants, 4 letters in Fesi's name"...out on the recruiting trail. Could be nothing, maybe something after Saturday's bowl game told? ...humm. :coffee:

Waldo said:
Chex said:
Let me throw a baseless rumor out there. Ken Niumatalolo got fired before he could sit down in the locker room after the Army game. Maybe he has applied?

Very good reasons! And after the way Navy’s prick AD fired him, I’d make sure they pay up. I’m sure if he got another job, he’d lose out on the money…so a well-earned hiatus for sure.

I’m just hoping the Wildcats make their decision soon…I was hoping this weekend. Whatever they have to do to get it right is fine by me, though.

Chex said:
Waldo said:
Chex said:

Very good reasons! And after the way Navy’s prick AD fired him, I’d make sure they pay up. I’m sure if he got another job, he’d lose out on the money…so a well-earned hiatus for sure.

I’m just hoping the Wildcats make their decision soon…I was hoping this weekend. Whatever they have to do to get it right is fine by me, though.
They are taking resumes up to a deadline of December 21st. After that, I would expect things to move quickly. They may be doing background checks while they are waiting for that cutoff date, but I don't think comparetive evaluations or interviiews would take place until after that date. With that said, I don't think that we will hear anything until at least the 22nd. Merry Christmas to someone. :coffee:

The opening is listed to close on the 21st. The early signing period starts on the 21st and closes on the 23rd. It's a bit of a crunch and that is why I'm thinking they will announce on the 22nd. If they don't get it done, then the next signing period starts on Feb. 1st.

Once they have listed it open until the 21st, I don't think they can make a hire until after that. Rules and laws get in the way. :coffee:

I supose they could promote from within any time they want. but a new hire would be after the 21st. :thumb:

They've already promoted from within, interim HC Mental. Yes temporary, but could become permanent. Assistant coaches are out on the recruiting trail now? The "official announcement" is a formality & I'd bet the decision could already be made (& internally known). Maybe there's a caveat that only a great johny come lately candidate showing up last day would make it possibly change. And what are the chances for that? Slim no doubt, one would expect truly interested coaches to act quickly & not wait around to last minute. Maybe except for the JL Smith types? :cool:

The Dan said:
Okay… so who are we hiring? :?

Wish someone had the "inside" scoop? Like oldrunner posted, doubt any announcement from WSU happens until Dec 22 at the earliest, as they tied their own hands by setting a closing date of Dec 21 for resumes. :roll:

So, anyone have rumors? The cougarboard.com tweets about Fesi Sitake have evaporated...have to think he's probably not interested after reading about his chest-pounding on the cougar's bowl win & praises to cougar nation, all cheers to the future of cougar football. Some analysts say Colton Swan wouldn't be interested in a FCS job, that a coach coming from a P5 program would likely only consider a G5 group HC job move down at least.

For Weber State's sake, my opinion is a ambitious coach that would be satisfied building success at the FCS level for at least 4-5 years is a better get. Remember Whittingham tried to lure Jay Hill back to Utah assistant coaching only a year after being with the Wildcats. Thankful that Coach Hill kept his commitment to building up the Wildcat's program in mind & didn't sell out to the higher pay & greener pastures then. :twocents:

Personally, ones got to read between the lines. Why did Swan get a nice raise last week? Also, better opportunities might open up at the U. Supposedly, Whitt might retire after this season or next. Swan has a good chance to be the next DC at Utah, if Scalley gets the HC job. Swan is a good coach and from what I know loves his alma mater. He just has an incredible opportunity. Can't fault him if Utah has greener opportunities for him. However, this is the best chance for him to become a HC. There are only 254 DI HC coaching jobs. If he ever wants to be a HC, now is the time.

Latest posts

Back