• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

@ Idaho/EWU

Chex

The Wildcats are on a win streak, but last win vs Sac State was less than inspiring. A big road trip this week. It will be interesting to see how they play. Idaho is playing better,so both games are going to be tough. The Wildcats need to play EWU well on the road to show that they have regained form.

Then the following week…they are at Pocatello. These next three games will be the test to see if they can get the 2nd seed or not. Not that matters a lot because any team is capable of knocking off a high seed.

Chex said:
The Wildcats are on a win streak, but last win vs Sac State was less than inspiring. A big road trip this week. It will be interesting to see how they play. Idaho is playing better,so both games are going to be tough. The Wildcats need to play EWU well on the road to show that they have regained form.

Then the following week…they are at Pocatello. These next three games will be the test to see if they can get the 2nd seed or not. Not that matters a lot because any team is capable of knocking off a high seed.
I feel the same way you do about it. A 2 seed is within our grasp. We just need to play well in these three road games.

Sac got embarrassed at ISU, they knew there would be NBA scouts at our game, and a win over us makes their whole season. They came in focused and played with more determination than they have all year. They defended us well and we were not hitting shots we normally do. However, it never felt like that game was out of our control. We just didn't blow them out.

BTW, there have been as many a 6 NBA scouts at each of our games and most of our practices. A couple of scouts had Dillon in the lotery and others have him in the middle of the first round. It's lookig like his decision to come back for his junior year has indeed paid off. He stands to make several million more than if had stayed in the draft last year. It was a smart choice.

You are right about Idaho. They are playing better and are not an easy out. With them, we need to be patient on O and locked in on D. At least that is what I have seen to work against them. They will give you an open shot if you don't try to force things, and as long as you can keep them from the rim, they will take bad shots now and again.
We should have learned a lot when we played them a few weeks back. Like the Sac game, this could turn out to be a rock fight and I like our chances. :coffee:

oldrunner said:
Chex said:

I feel the same way you do about it. A 2 seed is within our grasp. We just need to play well in these three road games.

Sac got embarrassed at ISU, they knew there would be NBA scouts at our game, and a win over us makes their whole season. They came in focused and played with more determination than they have all year. They defended us well and we were not hitting shots we normally do. However, it never felt like that game was out of our control. We just didn't blow them out.

BTW, there have been as many a 6 NBA scouts at each of our games and most of our practices. A couple of scouts had Dillon in the lotery and others have him in the middle of the first round. It's lookig like his decision to come back for his junior year has indeed paid off. He stands to make several million more than if had stayed in the draft last year. It was a smart choice.

You are right about Idaho. They are playing better and are not an easy out. With them, we need to be patient on O and locked in on D. At least that is what I have seen to work against them. They will give you an open shot if you don't try to force things, and as long as you can keep them from the rim, they will take bad shots now and again.
We should have learned a lot when we played them a few weeks back. Like the Sac game, this could turn out to be a rock fight and I like our chances. :coffee:

Jones is a very good player but I doubt he will be drafted in the first round...Not tall enough or a good enough 3pt shooter to go first round....I would guess middle to late second if he does get drafted and that is an improvement over last season so, yes, his decision to come back has helped him...Please don't take this as a dis to Jones but more as what I see and believe....The NBA is extremely tough to crack....If you look at Lillard as a measuring stick I think you will honestly agree with me....Lillard DOMINATED BSC teams, Jones, not so much....I actually think Thomas from UNC has more upside than Jones...anyway, Jones will make a lot of money playing basketball somewhere, just not the NBA imho....

I'm just repeating what some of the scouts have said. I don't really have an opinion. I don't follow everyone in the NBA draft. Lillard was a lotery pick and there were many who thought he wasn't even going to get drafted, so there is that. I think they look at a lot more than scoring. We will just have to wait and see.

3 straight road games for the team. Let's hope they can take care of idaho first. Ewu is mostly blowing teams away. It's hard to imagine any chance at being regular season champ at this point. Also I really doubt our team fears ewu. They know they can beat any team.

Back to Jones. He will get a look see but not sure he gets drafted. There are mock drafts out there that have him everywhere form late first round to late second and not drafted at all. The NBA knows about him after his great workout for them last year. He does struggle with his shot and gets caught trying to do too much. But there is a lot to like about him. His lift is average but his handles, steals, rebounding and anticipation are really good. It'll be interesting to see what happens. I'll say second round and he'll stick with a team because of the intangibles. Look at the stiffs that are in the league now. He is better than many current players. There are many NBA players that aren't shooters but make it for other elite skills. Draymond and Kyle Anderson to start.

Wow! Down 7 with 1:24 left and only an 8% chance to win…and they do just that! Idaho played tough. This is a big win and should be a big confidence builder to take to Cheney!

That was a good road win to get, no matter how close it was. With 1:06 left in the game and down by 7, we put on a trapping FC press that creates 3 quick turnovers and we score on all three. with time running out on the shot clock we force another UI turnover. Ball in hand, Jones drives for the winning layup, misses, but gets fouled. With 7.6 seconds left, Jones hits both freethrows to make it 70 /69 Weber. UI passes in to their best shooter, he drives to the top of the key and fires off a contested 3 point shot that misses. Jones gets the rebound and the clock runs out. What a game.

Meanwhile, over in Cheney, ISU was within 4 withe just seconds to go. ISU put up a FC press, EWU went over the top of it and slammed in a dunk as the clock ran out. A bit of a bushleague move by EWU, as they could have just held the ball for a second and let the clock run out. I guess they thought a 6 point win was somehow more impressive than a 4 point win. They were expected to win by 9.5.

Over in Potlandia, PSU beat UNC by 10 in overtime, It went into overtime when PSU gave up a 21 point lead late in the game. Honestly, it looked like PSU was trying to give UNC the game, but UNC foud a way to give it right back to them in the OT period.

Road wins are realy hard to come by in the BSC this year. Although NAU beat Sac by 15 at Sac, so there is that.

ewu will be a tough road game. isu at least tried to help us for once, i was hoping their game could gave gone to ot or 2ot :lol:

Conveniently forgot the bogus block call when you were down by 7....Threatt clearly charged...the defender was there and Threatt was out of control trying to corral the ball (could have been called for carrying) and the ref bailed him out....2 FTs made it 5 then the turnovers but without the bogus call, you guys come up short...Sorry...just the facts....

sacstateman said:
Conveniently forgot the bogus block call when you were down by 7....Threatt clearly charged...the defender was there and Threatt was out of control trying to corral the ball (could have been called for carrying) and the ref bailed him out....2 FTs made it 5 then the turnovers but without the bogus call, you guys come up short...Sorry...just the facts....
I guess, if you are looking at it through those lenses. I went back and watched that play several times because the anouncers were saying that it was a charge as well. Here is what I saw though my lenses. He got his head and shoulders past the defender and the contact was not shoulder to chest. The contact was hip to hip. Was the defender in position to take a charge? Yes. Was it a charge? No. I think the officials got it right for once. Another set of officials may have called it a charge. I've seen that a lot. The foul may have actually happened before that contact, as both players were going after the loose ball. Anyway, the call is what the call is, a judgement call. Sometimes you eat the bear and sometimes the bear eats you. :coffee:

Identity.

Who are we? Hard to tell when you beat St. Mary’s on the road, then lose to the worst BS teams.

But 6 wins in a row, beat the best BS team, on the road.

Maybe we know who we are now.

Couldn’t come at a better time!

When the Wildcats gave up a 17 point lead, I thought here we go again, but more clutch play down the stretch gave the Wildcats the win and handed EWU its first home loss. This is big for confidence. I’m hoping they can get the 2nd seed. I still see this Tournament as wide open as every team has shown capability to beat any team.

Good to see the Wildcats winning these tough close road games!

That was a great game. We played solid D all game long and turned it up a notch in the last 4 minutes. I thought we didn't play our best in the first half, but still had an 11 point lead at the half. We played our best ball of the game in the first 5 minutes and the last five of the second half. We didn't play poorly inbetween, it's just that their #13 got incredibly hot for a stretch. In the last 5 minutes we tightened the screws on him and pulled out the win.

This sets up a huge game at ISU next Saturday. Let's get some people up there in support. :clap:

Jimmy Casas did everything he could to help the Eagles win. I mean they were in the double-bonus most of the second half, finishing with 28 total foul shots. The foul fest, slowed the game, softened Weber's defense and put a number of our starters in foul trouble. My favorite foul Casas called was a Casey Jones push out, with Jones falling down well after the contact (shocking how unstable that kid is, possibly an inner ear thing?) and our guy being thrown out-of-bounds. Jones, like most of the eastern players, was creating space to take a shot. In other words, he pushed off. Correct me if I am wrong, but creating space by pushing a defensive player away is an offensive foul? Koehler gets thrown into the basketball stand, Jones just randomly falls over and Jimmy gives the ball back to the Eagles. Gotta love Jimmy Casas and the way he calls games "FAIRLY."

Latest posts

Back