• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

Gotta love these polls

Skippy

North Dakota moved ahead of ISU in this week’s Stats poll after beating Montana. Of course ISU beat North Dakota in Grand Forks earlier. No logic what so ever.

Brad: Reputation. ISU hasn't had any sustained success for 40+ years, takes time. Just two years ago UND was one of the top programs in America. Voters tend to remember that.

Not fair, but reality.

PBP

PBP said:
Brad: Reputation. ISU hasn't had any sustained success for 40+ years, takes time. Just two years ago UND was one of the top programs in America. Voters tend to remember that.

Not fair, but reality.

PBP
In this case I have to disagree Mark. Just laziness on the part of voters.

Bingo, Skippy. Nicholls State is 4-3, ranked, and just lost to a 2-4 (now 3-4) Abilene Christian.

Kudos to UC-Davis for moving up. I've felt they've been under rated all season.

[/quote]
In this case I have to disagree Mark. Just laziness on the part of voters.
[/quote]

I'd agree with that to a certain extent but it is probably more a combination of both thoughts.

PBP

Its crazy...after a win and a North Dakota loss, we are still behind them in the polls. It just doesn’t make any sense. These pollsters are the responsible parties for whose in and out of the playoffs and they are asleep at the wheel. Not very comforting!

I see more of a benefit of doubt for those conference teams that appear in the playoffs.
Thing is after all is said and done this season, say ISU BEATS Weber State. There will not be much to argue about the post season.
I am sure that we will not be the only team with a problem with the voting if only two big sky teams make it to the post season.
This conference is tough, just ask the Vandals. But until this conference gets some more recent national titles, we will play second fiddle to whomever does win.
It appears that we not only work as individual teams but as conferences too when it comes to the voting.

Latest posts

Back