• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

Coach Kramer Recruits

When Coach Kramer was coaching at ISU he said his Junior and Senior classes would be contending for a Championship. These Seniors are not Coach Phen recruits so I do not know if you can blame him for last year and this year season as he did not recruit these players?. At the same time maybe he is to blame for not coaching these players up. I remember Coach Kramer saying these are not his recruits when he took over the program from Coach Zamberlin so he cannot be blamed for his losing seasons. The question is “Do you think Coach Kramer Junior class from last year and his Senior class this year would be in the playoffs if he was still coaching at ISU”? I do not think Coach Kramer would have made the playoffs when he was at ISU. That is why he was fired. So, should Coach Phen be fired or given a few more years like Kramer?

I don`t think an extension is the answer, it did not work with Kramer or Evans. I think the only question is can they afford to buy Phen out, and get along with the rebuild in I.S.U. sports. GO BENGALS

If you think ISU should not give Coach Phen an extension than why is ISU keeping him with two games left? Recruits want to know who will be there coach. I think ISU will give him an extension like Coach Kramer to see what he can do with his recruits. I do think Coach Phen will be doing some firing and hiring of coaches when this season ends and he may not renew some player scholarships. Coach Phen needs to find a quality QB to be a contender. Bring in another JC QB or step down QB to compete for starting position next season.

All this is possible but I think the best course is the buy out or let the contract run its course. And not get caught in a situation like Kramer or Evans. Where you put it of a couple of years and lose more reputation. GO BENGALS

You maybe right. Coach Phen did not win the games needed last season when the games counted and this season has been below average and we could end up at the bottom of the barrel.

Latest posts

Back