• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

BSC Opening Week - UM & MSU

oldrunner

I feel that this first week of BSC play will begin to answer many of the questions.

I think we are ready, but UM has been hot lately with some good road wins of their own. This will be the premier matchup of the week.

The matchup with ISU/MSU will also be telling.

However, the most intriguing matchup is PSU traveling to EWU. PSU has been winning a lot of close games and has the best over all record. EWU, on the other hand has played a killer slate of high majors and has a losing record. This game will give an indication of how those two really stack up. Is PSU as good as their record, or are they just a flash in the pan, like most years? If they can beat EWU on the road, they may be a contender. If they lose, they may well just be a pretender, as in years past.

Sac traveling to Idaho may begin to define the bottom of the BSC. One team has to win and will be tied for first after one game. :lol:

Saturday's games have a little less intrigue, but they all count the same. :coffee:

Always big games when the Grizzlies and Bobcats come to Ogden. This will be a big test and measuring stick. I hope they don’t show any early rust from the layoff of competitive games. Should be fun games to watch!

Chex said:
Always big games when the Grizzlies and Bobcats come to Ogden. This will be a big test and measuring stick. I hope they don’t show any early rust from the layoff of competitive games. Should be fun games to watch!
If rust is a thing, then UM should have as much or more than WSU. Any way you look at it, this should be a really good game to be at. I'm hoping we get a bigger crowd now that all the crap games are over. Make or break games don't come until the post season, but all of our BSC games are important for many other valid reasons.

The only motivation I need is that it is just plain old fun. :nod:

Well the Wildcats made a statement with the opening game vs the Grizzlies. They really played well as a team. Very fun game to watch. Hope they play just as well in Saturday.

Go Wildcats!

This win was all about depth. With Money Williams out of the UM lineup, the Griz didn't have it and Weber certainly did. With Dillon, Alex, and Steven not havinf their typical good games, several other player stepped up and carried the day. Shooting 75% from three, while holding the other team to 15% was huge. We only turned the ball over 8 times to their 14, we outrebounded them 35-30, and we fought through their tough defense all game long.

This was a good win against a quality team.

MSU is coming in for a 2pm Saturday game. They just beat ISU at ISU in a wire to wire win by about 8 points. They have the leading scorer in the BSC. I believe he had 29 against ISU.

We had a good crowd tonight and I hope we get an even better one Saturday. :coffee:

What do I expect from MSU Saturday afternoon? We just beat the team I feel will prove to be the second best club in the BSC. Now we will be facing a team projected to finish in the lower half of our league. I expect they will play fundamentally sound defense and try to presure our guards into mistakes. While doing that I fully expect them to foul a lot. I don't feel that their presure will be successful the game over. Our guards are steady and not prone to get rattled. Post play should not be much of a concern. Our depth and experience there should carry the day.

Will it be another blowout? I don't think so, but you never know.

That was a good crowd last night and I'm hoping for an even better crowd for tomorrow's matinee.

That was the hardest fought blowout win we have had in a long while. MSU fought, scratched, tackled, hacked and otherwise made this cat on cat thing a real dog fight.
I've watched several of their games this year and that is the best I've seen MSU play. I don't think they will be an easy out for anybody. I now think they could finish 5, 6 or 7 when the dust settles.

ISU played UM tough up to the last 5 minutes. For now, I can see ISU finishing in the bottom 4. UNC beat NAU at home. those two will finish midle of the pack somewhere. PSU got back in the win column against UI. PSU could finish anywhere from 4th to 7th. UI is likely a bottom 4 team. EWU with wins over PSU and Sac, could finish anywhere 1 to 3. Also true of UM. Sac is definately headed to a bottom 4 finish.

All of our remaining games mean a lot. I feel like we will be near to reaching our potential in late February to early March. Our bench and rotation guys are still improving with every outing. This is a fun bunch to watch. Let's keep the crowds growing.

Latest posts

Back