• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

BSC ATHLETIC & FOOTBALL BUDGETS

ajwildcat

Big Sky Athletic Budgets (Total / Football)
Montana $12,775,000 / $4,095,000
Montana State $11,352,000 / $3,509,000
Sacramento State $10,392,000 / $1,730,000
Northern Arizona $9,948,000 / $2,296,000
Idaho State $8,184,000 / $1,958,000
Portland State $7,684,000 / $2,260,000
Eastern Washington $6,629,000 / $2,083,000
Weber State $6,002,000 / $1,466,000
UNC $5,808,000 / $1,458,000

[color=#6633CC said:
ajwildcat[/color]"]Big Sky Athletic Budgets (Total / Football)
Montana $12,775,000 / $4,095,000
Montana State $11,352,000 / $3,509,000
Sacramento State $10,392,000 / $1,730,000
Northern Arizona $9,948,000 / $2,296,000
Idaho State $8,184,000 / $1,958,000
Portland State $7,684,000 / $2,260,000
Eastern Washington $6,629,000 / $2,083,000
Weber State $6,002,000 / $1,466,000
UNC $5,808,000 / $1,458,000

well its a good thing bball doesnt consume a lot of resources, u don't need a lot of millions for taht...well i guess havin the nicest stadium hlps though

It looks like we could use more dough for football but if u ask me, i dont really care, WE ARE A BASKETBALL SCHOOL, if any thing we should send that 1.4 mil randy rahe's way so it can go to better use!

its kinda sad that utah state's budget is less than montana! lol

BYU-Provo n utah are at 25, n 30 million

I would like to see a bigger budget for both programs, whats sad is that we have one of the smallest in our conference. I really do think if there was more money we would be contenders every year for Big Sky Championships in every major sport.

If you would like to see a bigger budget for the athletic program, JOIN THE WILDCAT CLUB!!!! And after you join, get involved. What we do is raise money for scholorships. If we can get more money for scholorships, then the money that is not used for scholorships can go for recruiting, equipment, ADVERTISING, and etc. This not only helps out the football and basketball, but the other programs as well. The mens cross country team is currently ranked 26th in the nation. They have a lot smaller budget than the other sports. GET INVOLVED!!!

Speaking of the Wildcat Club, How do you like the new Director? And what is she going to do differently to promote WSU?

neffminor69 wrote It looks like we could use more dough for football but if u ask me, i dont really care, WE ARE A BASKETBALL SCHOOL, if any thing we should send that 1.4 mil randy rahe's way so it can go to better use!
neffminor69, why do you hate the football team?

The new director is going to be really good. She is going to actually talk to people. She wants to get to know people, she wants to get some gear that is exclusively for the Wildcat Club. She is going to be at all events that she can be along with the Athletic Director. She wants people's input on how to make the Wildcat Club better, and how she can promote Weber State. The last guy wouln't talk to anyone. He didn't even know the top ten donors after a year.

neffminor69 give some love to the football team. They do a lot of good for the school, the university, and the community. They support all of the other athletic teams. They attend Volleyball, soccer, and other games. They have one of the highest gradutaion rates in the state for football. So, what is your beef with the football team??

Basketball and Football need each other... Sucess from one helps the other. Yes we have been quite sucessful in basketball and I hope that continues but it is not like the Dee Event Center is bursting at the seams with all the WSU fans. Big Sky Champs and we could have fit everyone in the lower bowl easily. I am not hating my family has has season tickets for Basketball and Football for as long as I can remember. As soon as Coach Mac gets the Football team playing in the post season that will only help Randy recruit players for Basketball. It is all about good exposure.

Well said wsucatfan. All of the athletic teams help each other recruit. We have a good number of athletes who participate in more than one sport. There are and have been athletes who compete in track as well as their primary sport.

Latest posts

Back