• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

Bronson Barron leaving

GoCatsGo!!!

Bronson Barron just entered the transfer portal. That leave Weber with exactly 0 experienced QB’s for next season. Weber could be back to 2-9 real quick folks!!! Maybe he knows who the new HC will be and isn’t on board?? 🤔🤔🤔

I think Mental knows how to find talent at the QB position, so I’m not overly concerned. I think a dual threat would also help with Mental’s scheme. Barron wasn’t the running threat but did good on times he needed to pick up some yards.

Best of luck to him, but I think the Wildcats can possibly upgrade that position.

This one stings a bit, even with good QB's coming in Bronson was making improvements and was steady.

Hmmm…bummer deal. This doesn’t mean he’s gone. Just looking. But, why leave as the starter?
1. New HC
2. Feels he has an option at the Y
3. Sees the new QB recruits and doesn’t want to compete
4. Has gone as far as Weber can take him
5. Finished his degree and wants to get a different masters/degree that Weber doesn’t have.

talhadfoursteals said:
Hmmm…bummer deal. This doesn’t mean he’s gone. Just looking. But, why leave as the starter?
1. New HC
2. Feels he has an option at the Y
3. Sees the new QB recruits and doesn’t want to compete
4. Has gone as far as Weber can take him
5. Finished his degree and wants to get a different masters/degree that Weber doesn’t have.
This has the appearance of being in the works for a while. Both QBs leaving have said that they liked the new offense and didn't seem unhappy with their roles on the team. However, from the other side of things, were they the best fit for the offense? Is that why we went out and looked for some better fits? Or is it one of the reasons above?

None of us are privy to inside information. The only thing we know is that we will have a new HC and likely some turnover in assistants. The only thing certain is that change is coming and that can go a lot of ways. We all hope it is for the better.

Between the two signing periods we will likely get 20 to 25 new guys on next years team. Some of them will be walk-ons and transfers. There are almost always guys leaving the team in the off season for a variety of reason, just not our top guys usualy. :coffee:

No disrespect to Bronson but I always felt WSU could be better at that position. Barron was serviceable at best, not mobile, and didn't exactly command a lot of respect from other defenses, and if my memory serves me correctly he never even made any all conference teams. I wish him nothing but the best but if he thinks he can land a starting job somewhere better then good luck.

Latest posts

Back