• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

Attendance for Northern Colorado game will drop

The attendance for the Northern Colorado game at Holt Arena will drop off this weekend. Most students and local fans will not be showing up to Holt Arena this Saturday other than the die hards. No chance for playoffs, a non rivalry game, and both teams have losing records means less people showing up for the game.

Most students and local fans will not show up? Did you survey the entire city on their attendance. Sure there's no chance for playoffs and I think it's pretty obvious there will be a drop in over all attendance, but to say ONLY die hards will show up is you trying to pass your opinion off as fact. By the way, when's the last game you attended? I'm at every single home game, win, lose or draw.

I hope the attendance is more than the last game attendance but history tells me there will be a drop. Let’s wait to see the attendance number after the game is over. I hope Holt Arena sells out. The last game against North Dakota the attendance was 8731

As predicted a big drop in attendance. 5369 in attendance today. A drop of 3632 from the last game against North Dakota at Holt Arena. Maybe attendance will be better on Senior Day against EWU.

That amounts to about 50k and a less possibility of donor giving. It is time to start the process of stopping the bleeding. The ball is in Thiros court now. GO BENGALS

I would think Holt Arena is a great looking arena when sold out. Unfortunately, the team must have a winning season to put fans into the seats. I love Senior Day as these players paid their dues for the program so hope there is a bigger crowd against EWU so these Seniors feel appreciated.

North Dakota was homecoming, which generally averages about 8,000 in attendance. Northern Colorado never travels any fans. The games that typically draw well are the established rivalries against teams whose fans travel: Idaho, Montana, Montana State and Weber State. Check the numbers down through the years — I doubt Northern Colorado has even drawn more than 6,500 here. Sure winning helps attendance, always has. But it really helps to play a team that brings its own fans.

I’m predicting another drop in attendance this Saturday against EWU. If the Bengals were contending for a Championship with two conference games to be played you would probably see 10,000 plus fans at Holt Arena.i am thinking around 6,000 this Saturday. It is too bad as it is Senior Day. The Seniors deserve a large fan turnout.

Define “drop.” Are you predicting less than last week’s 5,300? Or less than the last time ISU played EWU at home?

Maybe, I'm guessing it's going to be in the same neighborhood as the UNC game. Idaho State has a pretty steady floor of about 4,000 fans -- they'll show up for anybody, even D-2 schools. Homecoming pretty much always generates about 7,500 to 10,000 fans, no matter how the team is doing. (Last time ISU played EWU at home, which was 2015, they drew 8,900 fans, even though that team wound up 2-9. Why? Because it was homecoming). Games against known rivals whose fans travel -- Montana, MSU, Idaho and Weber -- typically draw between 7,000 to 10,000 depending on how ISU is doing. There is always a little variation in attendance based on the team's performance, but rarely more than a few thousand for any particular game.

up for the challenge said:
The attendance will be lower than the NCU game of 5,369 in my opinion. Fans will not show up for this game.

I guarantee more fans will show up for this game compared to NCU. We're playing a much stronger team with a larger traveling fan base and it's Senior night. Regardless of our record.

It will be up to the ISU Students and Fans in Pocatello to up the attendance from last Saturday. I guess there is a chance that a lot of EWU students and fans will travel to Pocatello. It would be great to have a good attendance for our team and Seniors.

Latest posts

Back